New Label

reading12

Hi everyone, I was recommended your site by a friend at Alternative nation as a place to show you my fashion label.

Basically Im just trying to get some feedback to help me improve the website and to see what everyone thinks. It took me two years of weekends at home to bring it to the masses so feel free to do your worst, any comments you guys have are much appreciated.

www.chateauroux.co.uk

thanks.

its just screen printed tees?

The rips/tears are done by hand around the hem lines and also some slight distressing (holes) within the main body of the garment. The printing is done with a water-based ink which leaves no 'raised' texture but is flat to the t-shirt and also gradually fades up the more the tee is washed. Also, the printer rather than take 2 or 3 wipes of the ink over the screen when applying the design, he only makes one light movement increasing the faded look.

Because of this, no one t-shirt is ever the same.

Our sweats and hoods however are going to be shot with a 12 bore shot gun from varying distances which proper f*cks the garment up and leaves loads of bits of shot still in it. An interesting effect!!

It took us most of that two years to source the garment which is 50% cotton and 50% modal which gives it a beautiful feel. We will also shortly have jeans and a female range.

Well, I do like how you actually respond to your thread and went about posting your brand info. diplomatically. Most people sort of "hit and run" with their often shitty brands....

As of now, I am not very impressed, but it seems as though you have some ideas for sweaters, etc. in the future. You have to understand that every t-shirt under the sun has essentially been done already, so a new graphic tee line, regardless of whether or not it is cut&sew, distressed, etc. etc is usually nothing special. You also must know that for every t-shirt you make there is more often that not going to be almost a dead-ringer of a substitue somewhere (for instance, alot of your T's look like those at Topshop).....

I would say venture into what you have planned for non-tshirt items if you want to get some more helpful criticism....people here are tired of seeing new t-shirts

whats the price?

They range from £35 and upwards for the Tee's, the gold leaf generic print is a shade more expensive because gold leaf is expensive to buy. The hoodies, sweats and jeans are yet to be priced but if you go on to the homepage fella and just type in your email address we'll send you a 'once a month' newsletter....which are pretty cool themselves!

Well, I do like how you actually respond to your thread and went about posting your brand info. diplomatically. Most people sort of "hit and run" with their often shitty brands....

As of now, I am not very impressed, but it seems as though you have some ideas for sweaters, etc. in the future. You have to understand that every t-shirt under the sun has essentially been done already, so a new graphic tee line, regardless of whether or not it is cut&sew, distressed, etc. etc is usually nothing special. You also must know that for every t-shirt you make there is more often that not going to be almost a dead-ringer of a substitue somewhere (for instance, alot of your T's look like those at Topshop).....

I would say venture into what you have planned for non-tshirt items if you want to get some more helpful criticism....people here are tired of seeing new t-shirts

Thanks, everything helps, we actually stock them in several boutiques in London and in three months have sold over 500 so they are going quite well in that respect at the moment, all im doing here is trying to get the ideas for the website. I know too many people who have been ripped off by the 'bigger chains' but we just figured, if theyre gonna rip you off then they're gonna rip you off!

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THE T-SHIRT WAS OVER.... CHATEAU ROUX.

but seriously.

pros: didn't make me throw up a little bit in my mouth like the last three "new (t-shirt) line!" posts.

cons: predictable imagery. only would wear the soho shirt... if i got it for free. hook it up.

Our sweats and hoods however are going to be shot with a 12 bore shot gun from varying distances which proper f*cks the garment up and leaves loads of bits of shot still in it. An interesting effect!!

hahahah. god i love fashion.

also... remember that this is the place that pushes fashion forward. if yu want your brand to blow up you should send a select few shirts out to some of the more respected posters here, with the stipulation that they wear it in the what are you wearing thread. cheap ad space.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THE T-SHIRT WAS OVER.... CHATEAU ROUX.

but seriously.

pros: didn't make me throw up a little bit in my mouth like the last three "new (t-shirt) line!" posts.

cons: predictable imagery. only would wear the soho shirt... if i got it for free. hook it up.

hahahah. god i love fashion.

That was a crazy ass day, they wouldnt let me hold the shotgun though! something about a lawsuit? anyhow, cheers for the advice, everyone has their favirates, soho tower is one of mine, its a great T and because I never knew if the two dudes at standing at the top of it ever did jump or not!

also... remember that this is the place that pushes fashion forward. if yu want your brand to blow up you should send a select few shirts out to some of the more respected posters here, with the stipulation that they wear it in the what are you wearing thread. cheap ad space.

Thats actually very true, I see those threads come around every now and again, be difficult to make sure everybody is wearing them though! And we always love free advertising!

props for using modal... i'd love it if more t-shirt makers would use 100% modal or at least a blend.

so.

fucking.

soft...

soft or not, though, there's no way in hell i'd ever pay that much for a t-shirt.

Thanks. Thats the ONE main advantage we've found that we have when getting the collection into boutiques, like I say it took us months to track a manufacturer down that could produce modal and distress it, but it was well worth it, we have lots of repeat customers who tell us that they want another T because theyre never out of the first one. The thing is, bespoke Modal aint cheap to buy!

Not bad. What boutiques have you got them in? Wouldn't mind having a look in the flesh.

Also, what kinda fits are we looking at?

Props on the use of modal!

Thanks fella. We're stocked in Behave on Lexington Street, Soho & Floral Street in Covent Garden aswell as Philip Browne in Norwich and Basilica in Reading. Appreciate that it's easier to make judgements and get a feel for something if you can get your hands on them and try them on, as I said before it's helped us loads taking them into stockists to let them get a feel for them!

All the stockists full addresses are on the site bud.

Fit wise, they're they're slightly more fitted than your average tee, NOT skinny fit, and have a bit more length to them for the dudes who let their jeans hang a bit!

We've gone for a shorter sleeve and tried to do away with any baggy flaring on the sleeve. Just in case, on the info part of the site there are product details with proper garment sizes/measurements to have a look at.

not bad i really like the concept behind the site and the art section is pretty cool also

Cheers mate, we'll be adding to the Art section quite frequently offering some one off hand stencilled pieces as well as adding other designs available in limited runs of 500.

That'll teach me to read. I'm in Reading next weekend, so i'll have a gander :)

Nah you're like me fella, if it's it not there slapping me in the chops I just ask!

Nice one, drop me a line if you have any trouble finding the place mate. It'd be cool to get your thoughts on the fit etc if you get a chance to try one on.

don't improve the website

it's already faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the clothes (in fact it's too good)

the shirts: big yawn.

Thanks and.....thanks?!

Cheers for the feedback fella, alls welcome....can't please everyone!

• 2 weeks later...