Washed my Imperials, details are inside

Serge d Nimes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have just over 4 months of wear on them. I wore them nearly every day, and now that they are hemmed, I will wear them all the time till I get some Somets.

An Immersion rinse is just rinsing in a change of water. I put a bit too much soap, so they didn't simply rinse clean, and I had to use that method. I wanted to hold out on the washing, but I was starting to get cracks behind the knees and didn't want to create any holes.

They look freakin great Serge. Nice work.

I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind my asking. What size are you in your Imperials (I'm guessing they're the Dukes), and what size are you in your other jeans (nudies, levis, etc)? I know this has been discussed in the Imperial thread, but it was often pretty unclear/inconclusive. I'm trying to figure out what size to buy.

There are no stockists here in Melb, so I can't try them on in person.I generally wear a 29 (RRDS, Levis A505, Earnest Sewn, Evisu 2001), and I can squeeze into a 28, but I am more comfortable in a 29. I was thinking of getting a 30 in the Dukes, but I'm wondering whether this might be a bit too tight, since I know they are undersized...

Opinions, advice from any Imperial (Duke) owners? Thanks in advance.

On another note, does anyone know if Imperial does uneven sizes (EG, 31, 33), or do they just do even sizes going up every two inches (EG 30, 32, 34...)?

Thanks for all of the comments. I think they are really great jeans.

They are a little dusty from being on he ground, so, you can see that in the pics. They are actually way cleaner than my APCs! Dr. Bronners does a great job!

They are size 32 and my waist measures 33.

I am really amazed with the contrast and the wash just brought out the color. they were looking so dull before I washed them. I tried to link to a photobucket album but I couldn't figure it out.

Imp4moBW5.jpg

Imp4moBW4.jpg

Imp4moBW3.jpg

Imp4moBW2.jpg

have you had any problems with oil stains from dr bronners? i hear that they can cause oil stains, due to the fragrance oils and such. i figure if you just put the soap in the water and mixed it up before you put the jeans in you'd be OK, though.

nice jeans, btw. i like the darkness in them.

Guest jeffvyain

those are neat. i wanna lick 'em. almost made me feel like washing my APCs but then i thought about stretching them out again. they may never get washed.