bill

Robert Geller S/S 12 New York

wow, I really really like this collection. Total surprise. It feels kinda cheap (and borderline gay club wear) but for some reason I'm really into it. Would wear almost everything except the mesh.

I like this collection better than the previous ones. I love the gypsy trousers and the big hats.

Also, there's some elements that remind me of Raf.

was at the show and all i can say is "rub it all over my body please".

Also, there's some elements that remind me of Raf.

Felt the same way about a few of the sweats/pants/net stuff as well. However, all of Geller's collections kind of pull a conquistador / pirate feel to them, and it just doesn't really do it for me. Combined with the fact that the pants still fit like garbage and his stuff is pretty cheap for what it is. Mustard bomber, tan hooded jacket, and graphic tees are standouts and obviously footwear.

i really enjoyed this collection, the best spring summer he's pulled off since 2008's showing. love how the're continuing to recreate old pieces and carry them over as staples for the brand.

my bomber obsession grows because of this guy.

theres also a small collabo w/ fred segal man in santa monica

tumblr_lrcdq5IDy41qac298o1_500.png

So very nautical.

I think overall it looks great.

Like:

Mustard bomber (random - its like a buoy in a sea of blues), tan hooded summer . . .parka?, the frayed edge jacket and the lounge pant (that are styled with that weird basket mesh anklet), the shiny pants and the petroleum heather U-neck tee.

Excited to see more of the details in months to come.

Are the 5-pocket skinnys displayed here?

Those necklaces + sleeveless hoodie remind me strongly Raf (down right)

00060md.jpg

39-Raf-Simons-May-The-Circle-Be-Unbroken-SS04.jpg

I like the netted shirts, reminds me a bit of Ann Demeulemeester's S/S 2006 collection. Kind of want to get the blue (double?) layered one.

00210m.jpg

Horrible styling as usual, but there are some nice individual pieces. Aside from the nods to Raf it think it looks like a mix of his own S/S08 and Lanvin (obsession with hats).

the styling for this collection is on point, except with the leather belt at the natural waist. that shit's gay.

edit: i wish the guy they used for the first look was some old (60+) white man with a white beard. would've looked fucking great.

00010mui.jpg

the way that sleeveless hoody is cut looks really good to me.

I have a really early sleeveless raf zip jawn, but the vibe is pretty diferent from that.

the styling for this collection is on point, except with the leather belt at the natural waist. that shit's gay.

nah will, that waist belt is hitting the F/W 09 boat pretty hard. love it.

cloak back

i wonder if there's any cp-designed clothing in there or if the shoes were the only thing

The Black Cropped Jacket has me thinking of Rock Howard from Mark of the Wolves. I should have checked to see if the knitted bottom of the lounge pants were actually a part of the pants or if it was show only.

The Black Cropped Jacket has me thinking of Rock Howard from Mark of the Wolves. I should have checked to see if the knitted bottom of the lounge pants were actually a part of the pants or if it was show only.

It's gotta be jewelry.

All of the pants have cuffs that you can see - the anklets dont even look like fabric - almost like dyed wicker.

yeah just sled back up to post 13 and saw the flight pant with it.