How many pairs should one own, rotate?

startmeup

Accredited denim scientists are working on this issue right now. It is to be presented as a peer-reviewed article in a major textile journal. Expect many graphs and charts and algorithms to help you obtain maximum denim efficiency.

one at a time please, no pushing!

I find i may neglect a half worn in pair for a pair of new ones. I think people tend to gravitate towards a favorite pair and stick with them, while maybe rotating another pair in once in awhile. Otherwise all your jeans will look like they're only 2 months old, which is akin to growing your hair and and being stuck in that awkward phase of being short and being long.

Accredited denim scientists are working on this issue right now. It is to be presented as a peer-reviewed article in a major textile journal. Expect many graphs and charts and algorithms to help you obtain maximum denim efficiency.

when people say lol its just being polite, but i am actually laughing my ass off now

It does not make a fucking difference if you are at 100% 'denim efficiency' or at 32%. They are just jeans and any amount of wear will lead to fading over some time. This is not brain surgery or anything...just wear whatever jeans you want whenever you want.

in english, that means ANYTHING, REALLY.

i'd say two? or three? i've got 1 pair being worn most of the time, 1 pair prewashed to wear on occasions when i can't wear my slimmer APCs, and i'm going to get a pair of eternals in the near future. that settles me well for a good many months, i'd say.

Guest Fade to Black

I don't think one needs too many pairs of jeans to rotate if you have a few great pairs that are perfect for any occasion. Maybe one pair of raw/one-wash "dark" jeans, 2 or 3 pairs of washed jeans. 3-4 jeans is really enough.

Although I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of 2-year finish 45 RPM bespokes, if I get those I'm pretty much wearing those to the grave.

Guest Berget__

I currently own 4 raw jeans and one ex-raw jean. That of course is to many raws but I have come up with a strategy. I rotate them on a regular basis. I tend to never wear the same jeans two days in a row if I'm at school or stuff like that. But I put on my edwins (main project) directly when I come home. So they get a little wear every day. Of course it will take longer than six months but theyre now at a year and I think theyre getting good considering I have been rotating them with 4 other pairs.

Hhaha. I love it when Minya busts out the dry sarcasm.

What does it matter how many pairs you have in rotation? IMHO DDML is right to point out that the more you have the longer it takes, but that's about it. And anyway, you should love your denim at every stage of its life,not just the last one.

Although I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of 2-year finish 45 RPM bespokes, if I get those I'm pretty much wearing those to the grave.

How much do the 2 years run? Around $800?

Guest Fade to Black
How much do the 2 years run? Around $800?

Don't know about the States but in Japan they go for 81900 yen according to their website, so that's roughly $700. Since the Jomons already cost $754 in the U.S. I'm guessing the 2-years would probably cost at least $900-$1000.