Come on Irene

blm14

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live on 1st ave and did a few precautionary things. got water, food and filled up the bathtub so i can still flush the toilet in case water gets cut off.

dont know if im overreacting, but better safe than sorry. real tired of hearing ppl including my roommates who claim "it wont be that bad" when they dont know anything about weather. just seems like stupid arrogance.

why u need to fill up the bathtub? you live in a high rise with no gravity tank or something?

^ nice! I picked up a nice bottle of brandy and am cooking a whole mess of channa masala and rice to tide us over in case the power goes out.

Don't forget to fill your tub with water so you can flush the toilet if you lose water ;)

should try Germain-Robin Single Barrel Pinot Noir Brandy... though i wudnt use it for cooking...

Bloomberg's update from a few minutes ago was pretty dire. Storm is heading directly to NYC. Eye will pass through BK and Manhattan. Probability of storm surges is exponentially increased. Talks of 5-10ft floods for coastal areas aren't out of the question. You can almost expect to wake up w/o power. Tornado watch in NYC. Don't leave your homes - if you wanted to evacuate, too bad. Fill up your bathtubs, don't sleep near windows = the basic gist.

Garfield, NJ

spent this entire morning hand pumping a foot of literal shit water from my basement because the sewage system overflowed on my street.

i feel nastay

it's the worst its been here, but it really wasn't too bad. I just feel fucking nasty. IT was refreshing to just hoist up the fallen trees in my yard.

gonna smoke a blunt and take a walk