dry denim newbie..

hi.

i have been wearing all types of premium denim in recent months.and i thought that dry denim is becoming a hit.so istumbled upon your site and i cant wait to join you guys.i want to choose a great starter jean for me, and know the do's and dont's of maintaining them.how do you choose them?and what brands can you suggest?

repro: sugarcane 47

modern/euro: apc new standard

budget: levis stf. wrangler 13mwz

wear them hard. dont wash until they stink up your house. dont baby them. dont worry about getting them wet. dont put them in the dryer. buy a belt, you will probably need it in 5 months. soak them first before wearing if they are not sanforized. they are just jeans.

the way he says join you guys makes me feel like i'm in a cult of sorts...

i cannot say enough: Don't Baby Them. They Just Jeans. ignore the "premium denim" tag that the media likes to give expensive jeans--this is simply good denim, don't even think about the word premium.

wear them hard. dont wash until they stink up your house. dont baby them. dont worry about getting them wet. dont put them in the dryer. buy a belt, you will probably need it in 5 months. soak them first before wearing if they are not sanforized. they are just jeans.

that's the sharpest reco i've seen for a noob in a long time. nice.

and let me add, if you have more questions, search, then ask.

Excellent summary, cheap!

this deserves a thread of its own. or a sticky at least. so much packed into these few words. like lsd.

Wear them once a year and wash them everyday!! Use lots of detergent and fabric softener too.. Never hang dry..

man i so used that recipe, but wear them..but line dry indigo side out in harsh sun, your jeans get real white and you get holes...doing homemade inside patches in white tight zigzag on a bernina.. they are only jeans after all

so just bought my first two pairs of dry denim.the ones you suggested,the 47 canes and the new standards.i wear a 32x33 so i bought my canes with a size 34x34 and my new standards with the same size.was i right in the sizing?based from other posts i read they stretch after the first wash.they are kinda loose now,so i hope they'll FIT me after washing.should i wash before wearing or wait for a few months of wearing?

Guest jeffvyain

definitely bought the wrong size new standards...there is a page on new standards with about 500 posts devoted to the sizing. if you wear a 32, i'd recommend a 30...but it depends on how you want them to fit. read read read

so just bought my first two pairs of dry denim.the ones you suggested,the 47 canes and the new standards.i wear a 32x33 so i bought my canes with a size 34x34 and my new standards with the same size.was i right in the sizing?based from other posts i read they stretch after the first wash.they are kinda loose now,so i hope they'll FIT me after washing.should i wash before wearing or wait for a few months of wearing?

you bought both? not a good idea for a starter. i suggest returning the apc. you really only need one pair of jeans to start. after all, they are worth over 100. save your money and focus on your 47s. unless you like the fit of apc. then just return the 47s.

your a.p.c will not shrink, so return them. take the money that you get from those and use it for something else, like rent or some shit. the 47s are all you will need for the next year. of course if you hang out here you will have alot more, but its all you NEED