designers that cut small

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:

suggestions for designers that cut small (5'3" 95lbs, but not a stick-shape). my style runs the gamut from phillip lim to old levi's.

--- Original message by the_b_side on Jun 8, 2006 01:24 PM

go to asia.

--- Original message by poly800rock on Jun 8, 2006 04:32 PM

Yep. Over here some high fashion stores like I.T. for example, don't even carry anything larger than a 48 (European). As for shoes, anything over size 10 doesn't even seem to be an afterthought.

Damnit, that's why I wish I was shopping in HK this moment. Hey Fade, when is the sale season happening, you're in HK right? I heard they're going to open a DH boutique.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Damnit, that's why I wish I was shopping in HK this moment. Hey Fade, when is the sale season happening, you're in HK right? I heard they're going to open a DH boutique.

--- Original message by darkanimal on Jun 9, 2006 08:03 AM

yeah i heard the Dior Homme boutique is opening in July. As for sale season, might as well forget about it...prices for top brands like Dior Homme, Number (N)ine, etc. are so high it's ridiculous. Think $700+ retail on a pair of $495 (in the U.S) blue whiskered jeans.

What's funny is that while the blue whiskered jeans are over 700 USD retail, the destroyed rebel jeans is the exact same price as the whiskered ones, whereas in the States they're $550. I really wonder how the buyers come up with their prices. Also the service is crap here, I refuse to shop at Joyce any more.

correction: The HK retail price for the aforementioned Dior Homme jeans is $695 USD, not over 700. Still close though.

Edited by Fade to Black on Jun 9, 2006 at 10:24 AM

I feel ya with Joyce and frustrating that they don't have much of any sizes in stock. However I found some really affordable Raf Simons pieces at i.t sale last year. The Raf sneakers were much much cheaper than US prices. No wonder I've had a lot of bidders from HK whenever I sell Dior stuff on ebaY and they're like bidding ridiculously high. Of course that's a plus for me! It's sale season already in NYC. Last night I had the chance of meeting face to face with Alexander Plokhov at the Cloak store's kick off sale party.

Edited by darkanimal on Jun 9, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Edited by darkanimal on Jun 9, 2006 at 10:36 AM