Supermusic: Soundtrack To Your Day

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw these girls at pitchfork and they kicked ass. despite the 101 degree heat they had everyone dancing their asses off in a big crowded sweaty tent. stage diving microphone stand swinging potty mouthed frontwomen is cute to boot. and they are fans of dfa1979, always a plus.

check it

ah yes, i had to pick this up the day it came out. awesome brazillian le tigre rip off.

as a side note, that is the awesome video done by Ms. Cat Solen

I like listening to music as I dress up... for most of them I like to listen to this radio station: http://www.live365.com/stations/gideonrv (party in 62) They have everything from jazz, nancy sinatra, crooners to the chipmunks.

Other than that it's alot of lyrics born funk and bugz in the attic that can be found on hype.non-standard.net

seeing comets on fire tonight... for free. (gotta love having a brother that works at a record store -- endless supply of comp tickets...)

i saw them the other night in LA...i thought the live performance was great, i had missed ben chasny's solo show as six organs a few weeks prior so it was a good way to make up for it.

notesee, that's a Swervedriver ep. They're kinda shoegazey, but rock a little harder than other bands under that umbrella.

rhythmandsound, that Smashing Pumpkins album is really good. I was kinda over the band when it came out, but I downloaded it on a whim like a year ago and was really impressed.

^^^yeah it's funny, i had liked the singles off of Mellon Collie ('1979,' 'Tonight' etc) but had never really gotten into the band beforehand or afterward, but then i bought 'Machina' on a whim back in 2002 and totally loved it, and then grabbed 'Adore' and 'Mellon Collie' and really got into those as well. Hadn't listened to anything by them recently and was totally out of the loop...only just realized a week or so ago that Billy Corgan had done a solo album last year. Downloaded that and am lovin' it as well.