how to ditress your denims, from the denim god himself(warning, old thread)

Tried the eraser trick just now, it actually works... weird.

The book, Denim Design Lab covers a lot of methods of fading & distressing your jeans, although they don't tell you how to be good at it, cuz the jeans they distress end up looking like trash. Practice, I guess.

The book doesn't really cover washing though.

I've been playing with the Denim Design Lab kit for months now and have had a hard time coming up with anything retail quality.

The learning curve of properly artificially distressing a pair of jeans surprised me because the guy sat the laundry made it look so easy. They were working very fast.

Yet Fung- You are definitely right about practice because it took me about two hours of play to get a decent looking hole on the fabric with the drummel.

For anyone thinking about getting one of the kits: while the "tools" included do not justify the high price tag, the overall package with a selvedge denim from cone mills makes an amazing shelf display/coffee table book/collector's item. So don't buy it if what you need are the tools to unnaturally distress your jeans (you can find everything at home depot). But buy it if you enjoy expensive novelty or work in the industry and want a conversation piece.