I'm a denim junky, but don't know much. Please help !

Wow...impressive forum. Didn't know there was so much information on denim. I have been bitten by the denim bug and love it. I need you help. I don't know much.....right now I have a pair of true religion joey's in 36....I love how they are low-rise and they fit really well on me. A little about myself...I am 6'2...I unfortunately don't have much of a butt at all....36 waist. Regualar jeans that sit on the waist, just don't look good on me, b/c they sag in the butt area. Low rise jeans SEEM to take care of this problem. Anyhow....I've been seeing a lot of posts about sugarcane's ? My question to you all, is given my body type, what jeans do you recommend will fit will on me....I like them to be somewhat tight in the butt /hip area. I am NOT into baggy jeans at all. I also like brand exclusivity....but dont want to pay more than 150.00 for pair (at least try not to) Thanks in advance and take care.

Norm in Miami

Guest jeffvyain

canes are pretty much all levis repros, which means they probably will always have a little more room in the butt than you need. someone else will verify this, but i believe the '47s are the slimmer of the models. you can combat butt sagginess by sizing down, but personally i'd probably just recommend a different brand due to fit reasons. You're also probably not going to be able to find any Japanese denim (from Japan) for less than 150. depends on what fit you're looking for, but the APC new standard has always been a favorite starter dry jean, as it is slim, tough, yet reasonably priced. i believe they're still going for 120 from denimbar. you can find their contact info on denimbar.net...just make sure you mention superfuture on the phone or you won't get a deal, and also read up on the APC thread for sizing issues, as there are many. i'll let other people clean up after my mess, as there are many options for you, and i am certainly no expert. but reading the forums, and reading a lot, will probably result in your best possible purchase. there are pictures everywhere...just find something you like and use the search button to get all the info you can.

if you like 'brand excluvisity' you are definitely going to need to open up your wallet a little wider. $150 really isn't enough to get anything besides APC's.

if you don't want to spend more than $150 you definitely aren't a denim junky, either.

you won't like sugarcanes if you want jeans that are tight on your ass.

try cheap mondays or APC's tight fitting jeans, apc's are more expensive tho so i'd recommend you start off with cheap monday as for tight fitting jeans. anyway you should really spend more than 150 on jeans if you want something good. you just missed the www.fos5.com sale that sold julian reds for good good prices. maybe later on you can try slim fitting diors or 811's.

Wanted:money

No need to be snobs people!

For your budget you should probably get some raw LVCs.

I believe the 1955 is the full cut LVC, so maybe that should be your starting point

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

i prob. came off snobby but i didn't intend to. it's just that focusing on 'brand exclusivity' as well as keeping it under $150 isn't really feasible. you aren't going to get any brand exclusivity when your price range limits you to the cheapest of the 'nice denim'.

if he didn't say anything about 'exclusivity' i would've suggested APC's or sugarcane's from xcoldricex and left it at that. they are pretty common as they are cheap, though.

at first i didn't want to spend over $120 or $150 for a pair of jeans. now that I know a little more I'm willing to pay a bit more if I know the jeans are of a higher quality. I would advise him to keep learning about the jeans and that eventually he'll find a pair he really likes and won't mind paying a bit more.

most of the exclusive jeans are going to come from japan and are hard to get ahold of. you must pay a fairly high shipping rate and a fee for someone to pick them up for you....that is part of what makes them exclusive...the price and difficulty getting them. they are a lot easier to get now, with xcoldricex and his service but it won't be around forever.

you mentioned 'low cut' jeans. i like them a lot too. i am 6'1" and was around 165 for awhile and found the low rise jeans fit me better. i'm up to 195 now and still like the low rise jeans but i also like the higher rise japanese jeans.

most of the japanese jeans are 501 repro's and are going to be higher rise. they don't be low rise but you might end up liking them. look at the Studio D'Artisan SD-103. They are a little out of your price range but are slim. not sure about the rise, though.

you might want to look at the Nudie Straight Sven Dry. It'll set you back about $155 but isn't very exclusive. It is a fairly normal rise, not high, and straight leg. I have a pair of w34l34 and w36l34. i am pondering selling one of them.