thank you minya

paul, youre right. i have also asked about things, and answered questions if i knew the answer. lately tho alot of people have been signing up for the sole reason of asking a question that could be answered by a quick search. i did search about my pants. i took them to a vintage clothing dealer in town, and searched the internet. i asked about them in the forum because i didnt find any other info, and because i thought that someone, probably you, would know a bit about them.

i also realise that i have been a dick to some people, and im sorry for that.

we should have stickies for things like sizing, common signs of fake evisu, shrinkage, etc... it will take alot of clutter of the forum and be immensly helpful to the new people lurking or posting.

shit...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man, i remeber last year when most of these dudes are on here were also asking these newbie questions. when ringxring schooled everyone.now they think theyre hot shit and so bold to smash on any new noob that comes by. people need to chill.

Quote:

yeah man, i remeber last year when most of these dudes are on here were also asking these newbie questions. when ringxring schooled everyone.now they think theyre hot shit and so bold to smash on any new noob that comes by. people need to chill.

--- Original message by greentea on Jun 2, 2006 10:24 AM

yeah agree, i was one of those newbie......man, time pass fast

Quote:

paul, youre right. i have also asked about things, and answered questions if i knew the answer. lately tho alot of people have been signing up for the sole reason of asking a question that could be answered by a quick search. i did search about my pants. i took them to a vintage clothing dealer in town, and searched the internet. i asked about them in the forum because i didnt find any other info, and because i thought that someone, probably you, would know a bit about them.

i also realise that i have been a dick to some people, and im sorry for that.

we should have stickies for things like sizing, common signs of fake evisu, shrinkage, etc... it will take alot of clutter of the forum and be immensly helpful to the new people lurking or posting.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 2, 2006 10:19 AM

he didn't ask you to justify your questions nor did he say that any of your questions were stupid.

I believe the point he was trying to make was that you shouldn't be an ass to people just because you dont approve of them or their questions.

you admit that you have been a dick, and you're sorry for that.

the people you were a dick to had asked one question and got rude comments back.

so, if you can't even have patience with people asking one question, how can you expect that people will "forgive" you for being an ass a hundred times, if your behavior was the norm? You wouldn't be very nice to yourself.

maybe in the future instead of apologizing you could make sure you don't have to apologize in the first place.

maybe some threads are not worth your time, then don't read them. No one has complained about you making this forum supertrash #2, maybe it's because they don't think that the forum was made for them.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

totally agree with paul T on this. lurked here for a long time before joining: less than a year ago ring-ring and a couple others were explaining what selvage denim was to today's "experts". too tedious to see the complaining about lack of searching and the moaning about the forum going downhill. just ignore it if it bores you. the level of chaos is part of what makes this forum interesting.

Quote:

totally agree with paul T on this. lurked here for a long time before joining: less than a year ago ring-ring and a couple others were explaining what selvage denim was to today's "experts". too tedious to see the complaining about lack of searching and the moaning about the forum going downhill. just ignore it if it bores you. the level of chaos is part of what makes this forum interesting.

--- Original message by wooster on Jun 7, 2006 04:25 AM

ive been looking at the old posts, and they were complaining about the same shit. all the info you need is there, if you search. sure, its not nice to flame someone for searching, but even our mod does it, and he is the one who should be setting the tone for this forum.

its also tedious to see people in this thread say "just ignore it" thats the same as saying"use the search function" just as you dont have to read a thread, you dont have to ask a question if the answer is in 300 other threads.

shit...

Well, ultimately what you are saying CMF is that this forum is now complete and at the end of its lifespan.

Since we have discussed every possible denim brand and its shrinkage / authenticity on SF then presumably, no - one should post ANY new thread, because according to you and others, all they have to do is search for the info. (Unless a new denim brand comes out)

It's not harming anyone if someone types a new message about authenticy / shrinkage.

Everyone's body types / aims for their new jeans are different, so a lot of times, these type of threads are actually merited. For example, if I am gonna buy a brand I havent bought before, because I have daddy-long-legs (!) I like to ask if other tall people on here have had OK experiences with that particular brand's shrinkage in length.

To me this info will be VERY different from someone who is concerned about shrinkage on the waist, because they dont know whether to size down/up or not. Yet the post I make about 'nudie shrinkage' today, could yield different answers from the post about 'nudie shrinkage' last month.

This is how forums grow and knowledge is accumulated. Its not fair to jump on 'noobies' backs because they are getting into denim and what THEIR questions answered if they are about to spend £XXXX on a premium brand. Personally I just ignore this threads unless I know I can offer advice that will be useful.

Admittedly, people asking about 10$ evisu jeans on ebay "are these fake??", yes that is a bit tedious. Anything to good to be true price wise, is probably fake.

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

As a noob, I don't mind getting burned for asking a stupid question. Nobody should be babysat or have their hand held, no matter how high their enthusiasm is. You either ask the right questions or the wrong ones, and if you don't learn your lesson, by either searching, or paying attention to how your peers on the board behave, then proceed at your own risk. I think the board favors people who know a lot, and experience a lot. You can't show up to a junkie meeting with a bag of dust and ask people if it's real shit. Someone will beat you to death with a name tag.

we're always at the end of history. it can be liberating. it can be a gruesome weight. you decide.

i like how this site is largely self-policed, rather than babysat. chaos, sure. but the weight of all this muck produces diamonds.

like the poet said:

Quote: we're not our skin of grime, we're not our dread bleak dusty imageless locomotive, we're all beautiful golden sunflowers inside

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 7, 2006 at 07:16 AM

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 7, 2006 at 07:16 AM

Quote:

Well, ultimately what you are saying CMF is that this forum is now complete and at the end of its lifespan.

Since we have discussed every possible denim brand and its shrinkage / authenticity on SF then presumably, no - one should post ANY new thread, because according to you and others, all they have to do is search for the info. (Unless a new denim brand comes out)

It's not harming anyone if someone types a new message about authenticy / shrinkage.

Everyone's body types / aims for their new jeans are different, so a lot of times, these type of threads are actually merited. For example, if I am gonna buy a brand I havent bought before, because I have daddy-long-legs (!) I like to ask if other tall people on here have had OK experiences with that particular brand's shrinkage in length.

To me this info will be VERY different from someone who is concerned about shrinkage on the waist, because they dont know whether to size down/up or not. Yet the post I make about 'nudie shrinkage' today, could yield different answers from the post about 'nudie shrinkage' last month.

This is how forums grow and knowledge is accumulated. Its not fair to jump on 'noobies' backs because they are getting into denim and what THEIR questions answered if they are about to spend £XXXX on a premium brand. Personally I just ignore this threads unless I know I can offer advice that will be useful.

Admittedly, people asking about 10$ evisu jeans on ebay "are these fake??", yes that is a bit tedious. Anything to good to be true price wise, is probably fake.

--- Original message by sneakeraddict on Jun 7, 2006 07:03 AM

no, this forum is expanding every day, nowhere near the end of its lifespan. there is no problem asking about something new, but there is a problem with asking what size apc to buy.

if you want to know about shrinkage, search. if you cant find it, ask.

if you want to know if your evisu that you got on ebay for 10$ are real, search, then ask.

if you sign up to promote your website, go away. if you contribute and want to promote your website, do it.

if you want to know about sugarcane, apc, 45rpm, or other japanese brands, chances are its been discussed. search. if you cant find it than ask, and hopefully someone will help you.

most improtantly, read thru the old threads. anything before last december is going to be found in supershopper, not superdenim. there is so much info out there.

shit...

Quote: As a noob, I don't mind getting burned for asking a stupid question. Nobody should be babysat or have their hand held, no matter how high their enthusiasm is. You either ask the right questions or the wrong ones, and if you don't learn your lesson, by either searching, or paying attention to how your peers on the board behave, then proceed at your own risk. I think the board favors people who know a lot, and experience a lot. You can't show up to a junkie meeting with a bag of dust and ask people if it's real shit. Someone will beat you to death with a name tag.

I have to second that. Part of what I like about SF is that it's got attitude and that it feels so non-commercial. By posting things up here, I do feel like I can get burned when I put some stupid question or wrong info up. But that also gives me a little pressure to try to learn my shit.

Sorry but I feel you are basically saying we are only allowed to discuss things that you find of interest / value.

As has been stated, you are happy to post about your new vintage find etc, (no diss intended here, just reporting facts as I see them) which *some* people might find repetitive.

For example, you finding vintage jeans in a store is arguably of no interest to certainly the large group of people who come here to find out about brands that can currently be obtained from a store, whether US or Japan.

There is an argument to say that at least with another repetitive Sugar Cane etc thread - anyone who is considering buying that brand in the near future will probably find some useful info in the new thread, from those in the know that kindly reply. With your vintage jeans threads, really this benefits no one but you.

You have also posted about brown trousers in the past, which as far as I can tell were not denim and hence should not have been in the SuperDenim thread. No one demanded that your thread be locked or deleted.

I am only pointing this out because I don't feel that anyone is in a position to imply or say "oh dont create a thread about this. We already went over it, and Im sick of it. Do a search".

Personally I DONT feel this way about your threads, (I like looking at old brands etc) but who's to say some people dont find threads about your new vintage find irritating? Why are questions about identifying your vintage trousers more important than someone's questions about whether their next intended purchase is fake?

If you don't like it, just ignore it and it will become obsolete quicker anyway because less people reply!

im not saying you have to do anything. this isnt my board, im just stating my opinions. i cant stop anyone from doing anything here.

i would argue that on a board that focuses alot of energy discussing jeans that are reproductions of vintage items, vintage jeans would have some value. if you dont like it than either ignore or flame me.

when i started this thread i wasnt talking about the sugarcane posts, i was referring to the 8 or so first posts from people asking if their evisu was fake.

i posted the brown trousers in superdenim because i thought that i could get the most info out of superdenim, as that is where i usually see paul t, serge, etc... hanging out and posting. i felt since i couldnt find info elsewhere id try them. i also said in the title they were not denim, so if you didnt want to be shown something besides denim you didnt have to look.

i do appriciate your post. i agree with most of your points. i also know that searching for something is going to get you more respect here than asking questions that have been gone over many times.

no matter what i say, people can do what they want to do. if they want to ask about their evisu, let them. i wont flame them, but someone will. its not just me, its epidemic on this board.

shit...

I did say "it can be argued..."

Basically my point was that, what one group of people find interesting, another group think should be removed.

I didnt say I disliked any of your posts at all, or thought they should be removed.

Surely you realise the irony of what you replied to me though, when I hypothetically criticised your posts:

"you don't have to look"

"if you dont like it then ignore (it)"

This is what I have said to you all along about your reaction to when someone posts Evisu post # 3999000006668786 !!

Anyway, peace

Quote: i wont flame them, but someone will. its not just me, its epidemic on this board.

And then the person who you flamed's entire crew will sign-up just to comment on it, and post shit about you on their blog, even though they are supposedly "above that type of shit" whilst feeling compelled to continually post..........

icon_smile_evil.gif

Quote:
Quote: As a noob, I don't mind getting burned for asking a stupid question. Nobody should be babysat or have their hand held, no matter how high their enthusiasm is. You either ask the right questions or the wrong ones, and if you don't learn your lesson, by either searching, or paying attention to how your peers on the board behave, then proceed at your own risk. I think the board favors people who know a lot, and experience a lot. You can't show up to a junkie meeting with a bag of dust and ask people if it's real shit. Someone will beat you to death with a name tag.

I have to second that. Part of what I like about SF is that it's got attitude and that it feels so non-commercial. By posting things up here, I do feel like I can get burned when I put some stupid question or wrong info up. But that also gives me a little pressure to try to learn my shit.

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 7, 2006 12:18 PM

I don't mind flames in supershopper, it's what makes that place interesting, but superdenim is so different. Some very knowledgeable people are there and many questions that are asked there are actually interesting for a lot of people. Flame in the other forums but not in superdenim.

If someone asks a stupid question, either ignore it, then the person will probably search for the answer, or answer it if it doesn't ruin your life.

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/