Superstar 35s in Toronto

I J F

i know the hunt is the fun of the game but these corporates don't want it to be fun, they want to be able to spread the products in the "extremely exclusive kind of way". they like to hype up the sneakers so the price can be jacked up. i think we should kill those jacks who bying shit in bulk to resell them on ebay, make it hard to real heads to collect what they love.

?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, the hunt is what half of it is all about. but with ebay and the internet it's not the case any longer. the superstar 35s, minus the consortium series, should be fairly attainable I think. 4000 of each is a pretty large number for the kicks community. i hope everyone gets the pair they want.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

Yeah, 4000 is not too bad at all. Puma had a series this past summer of 2004 pairs in a number of colorways in celebration of the Olympics. I saw them all summer long in shops both here and in Europe, and they can still be found on Queen St. Some were even being reduced in boxing day sales.

Admittedly, the SS35s will probably be more sought after, but 4000 is still a fair amount. And 5000 for the music series, don't forget.

and how many in that series have you got your hands on already actionhank? you seem to be really busy hunting for them.icon_smile.gif

ps. my rant of the day, i hate it when retail shops never know anything about their shipment will be coming, i've been calling this shops for days and they never sure when they will get their stuff...

?

Quote:

and how many in that series have you got your hands on already actionhank? you seem to be really busy hunting for them.icon_smile.gif

ps. my rant of the day, i hate it when retail shops never know anything about their shipment will be coming, i've been calling this shops for days and they never sure when they will get their stuff...

--- Original message by justaname on Jan 26, 2005 05:33 PM

Ha, I've done laps of the downtown core tracking these things down, my friend. icon_smile_wink.gif

So far I've picked up the Upper Playground, Captain Tsubasa and Adicolor joints. And hopefully on Tuesday I'll pick up the Project Playgrounds. Still haven't decided on the Lee Q's.

I'm also desperately trying to get my hands on at least one pair of the Consortium series, but so far I've had no luck. eBay prices are at least around the $600 range, at the moment... I even considered booking a flight to NY to catch the drop at Union, but by the time you add a couple hundred bucks for transportation and shelter, you may as well pay eBay prices.

And I know what you mean about shops not knowing about their own stock. At the moment I'm a bit annoyed that no shops seem to know anything about the Half Shells, which I reckon - apart from all this SS35 madness - are one of Adidas' hottest re-issues this year. I really hope some local shops get them in.

I J F is the man to go for this series(though i don't live in toronto), hahahaha i look at the lileo store pictures from www.3rduncle you sent me.. i really dig the store set-up. hopefully i can get mine for decent prices you know....

actionhank, im not really diggin all the consortium series some are nice (neighborhood, undefeated). im going after the warhol, upper playground, disney, adicolor, tokyo, paris, ny. yeah, the retailer that im dealing with WILL most definitely carry all the city and expression series but they just don't know when. i hate the wait but the hunt is worth it though hahahahaha

?

Quote:

actionhank, how much did you get for that adicolor?

is the 150 canadian money sounds good for those adidas series?

do you chat online? maybe we can talk about whatever sometimes dude...

ok, i admit it... i like to pick up guys in a forum!

--- Original message by justaname on Jan 26, 2005 11:02 PM

The Adicolors were $150 as well, which is around $120 USD. It's a fair price, I'd say.

As for picking up guys in forums, I don't reckon my girlfriend would be too pleased, mate, so I'll have to pass on that!

Quote:

awww bummer, i would love to have a cyberspace virtual lover like you :(

120 bucks for the adicolor is a very fair price, i think stores in the us selling them *adidas as whole* for about 130 to 140.

where did you get yours? they have online store?:)

im a hunter with an orange camo boxer.

--- Original message by justaname on Jan 27, 2005 12:29 AM

Better luck next time, dude.

As for the shoes, I got them at a shop here in Toronto. But there are some on the Bay already:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63850&item=5358722714&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Quote:

Its a done deal, but its gonna run quickly, I have told people as of Monday to come and get what you can. Later.....

--- Original message by I J F on Jan 28, 2005 09:12 AM

So you'll have the Rocs on sale at Lileo as of Monday, IJF? Or does that only go for the Expression Series. I'm looking for some Project Playgrounds, but if you guys have music series as well, I'd love to pick some up!

haha i think i can speak for I J F. they will have the roc's, chili peppers on sale on monday as well as the expression series. actionhank, they had the project playgrounds along with the uppers and warhols when i went yesterday. one thing i'm unsure about is the cities. I J F told me that they're getting all the cities but I forgot when.