Superstar 35s in Toronto

I J F

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Ricardo, you seem to be a vancouver native...livestock is getting the all of the 35s as well and those guys don't charge rape prices for things as you probably know.

thanks, poo,

they said they would be getting the artist/expression series of the adidas 35's for a feb 5th release date. but the rest of the shoes will trickle in later, with the city series coming last for some reason, but i know headquarter is getting those in soon.

Hey,

Some updated info for you, firstly I have dropped the price to 150.00 as low as we can go right now. Second, I can sell whatever you guys want right now out of Warhols, Project Playground or Upper, although bear in mind sizes and quantity is limited. Lastly I also confirmed that we will be getting Quinones, Rocs, as well as Red Hot Chilli Peppers. On top of all these we will be getting city series at some stage. Yes we can ship to the states although that doesnt go through me, contact me if its in regards to shipping and I will direct you, Peace

www.brani.com / www.carpeinternational.com

Delphic is definitely also in on the SS35s. I've spoken to them myself. They're carrying the Run DMCs for sure, as well as the Chilli Peppers and some cities.

And genuinearticle, I believe the music series are also limited to 4000 pairs. Not certain on that, thought.

Edited by actionhank on Jan 24, 2005 at 07:49 PM

Actually, the music series are even less limited than the expression series. 5000 pairs worldwide, so you probably don't have to sweat on them too much.

Here's the breakdown

Dasslers: 700 pairs world-wide

Consortiums: 300 (except undfd 600, and Union, 400)

Expression: 4000

Music: 5000

Anniversay: Not specified / general release

Cities: Not specified / general release

Top Secret: ???

Hey man, don't forget to reserve a pair of 9.5s on those warhols and upper playgrounds for me.

Oh God, too many shoes, too little time and money! And we cant even wear these yet in T.O due to the weather!

See you soon!

Edited by superposition on Jan 24, 2005 at 11:26 PM

Edited by superposition on Jan 24, 2005 at 11:27 PM

i have 1 pair of superstars i bought online that are sz 12 and they fit pretty big so i'm guessing 11.5 will be a snug fit? dunk sb's i wear 11.5 and bapestas i wear sz. 11. damn hopefully they fit...I J F just hold onto the big ones bro and i'll come by on thurs to see what's up.

Adicolors are now available from TNT Blue @ Hazelton Lanes, Toronto. They're also stocking the Warhols, Tsubasas and Disneys. $150CAD.

Here are some pics of the Adicolors. You can see that the colored laces are, indeed, included, along with the marker pens and - something of a surprise - an SS35 stencil set.

The markers are not the full range of colors that were released back in '84, but there's still a good variety. Also, the box indicates that they are Staedtler lacquer markers, so you may be able to pick up similar pens at art supply shops.

Some pics of the Adicolor set:

COL1.jpg

COL2.jpg

COL3.jpg

COL4.jpg

COL5.jpg

COL6.jpg

COL7.jpg

COL8.jpg

COL9.jpg

Anyone have any tips on how to get the different colored laces in there together and still leave room for your foot?

Quote:

aw man i thought the adicolors came with five colored laces on one shoe and white on the other. by the way, what cities are you planning to pick up actionhank?

--- Original message by high_contrast on Jan 25, 2005 10:51 AM

But you can always do that yourself, eh?

I think that's what I'm gonna do. I'll leave one pair white/white and then lace the other one up with the colored laces. My only problem is how to get all the colored laces in there at once. I might go buy some extra colored laces from Groovy or Get Outside and cut them up... don't want to risk cutting up the laces that come with the Adis, though!

As for the cities, for sure I want Londons, and pretty sure I want Tokyos. The Buenos Aires look great with the green laces, but I'm not sure about the flowers and suns pattern, so I'll wait till I've seen 'em in person. How about you?

Quote:

Actionhawk are those pics posted directly from TNT and if so, was it Andy who posted those?

--- Original message by I J F on Jan 25, 2005 12:00 PM

Everyone always mistakes it for actionhaWk. icon_smile_blackeye.gif

Ha, but nah, I snapped those pics myself. Copped the pair this morning, brought em home and posted them up.

Quote:

does any of you guys how big is the 11.5 adidas superstar compare to the size 11? i dont' want to wear a shoes that's too big, the 11 fit but when i stand up the shoes kinda stretched out.. if you know what i mean.. but the toes is perfect thougt *a little too fit to be exact*

--- Original message by justaname on Jan 25, 2005 03:14 PM

justname:

For what it's worth, I find I wear size 11.5 in a Superstar II (which is the most common model of Superstar on store shelves these days). The Expression series is based on the Superstar I, and I have so far bought size 11s.

well as i described above about the shoes, that's the adidas superstar II *i think, im not really sure i can't find my box* but what's the difference between I and II? the pair that i have, the one im talking about, is a black and white stipes. the tongue didn't say adidas I or II. now im clueless on whether i should get 11 or 11.5 ... god help me! :(

?

Quote:

well as i described above about the shoes, that's the adidas superstar II *i think, im not really sure i can't find my box* but what's the difference between I and II? the pair that i have, the one im talking about, is a black and white stipes. the tongue didn't say adidas I or II. now im clueless on whether i should get 11 or 11.5 ... god help me! :(

--- Original message by justaname on Jan 26, 2005 12:22 AM

If the tongue is slightly cushioned then it's probably a superstar II. Apparently Superstar I's don't have any padding in the tongue.

Edited by actionhank on Jan 26, 2005 at 07:57 AM

i have to agree with you on some level Sticky...when i heard TNT was carrying i rose my eyebrow...on one hand, it's nice to have the availability, and on the other, you're right, some of it's appeal is lost...part of the fun is in "the hunt", and let's face it, most of us on this board are into what we're into cause it in some way sets us apart from mainstream culture...

it's tough...with gdft locking up the nike game in toronto, these other stores had to go to adidas...and i guess once you have the adidas account, you can squeeze a couple pairs of the 35th out of the agreement...but i agree, even though the availability is nice, having every boutique in toronto carry these takes a bit of the fun out of it....