Seattle SFers

soundune

This is for all us emerald city cats, holding it down in the May showers. I thought it would be interesting to collect everyone from the grey city into our own thread. I always wonder how many of us there are out there and if I'm walking by some of you on the way to class, when I'm wandering around the city, at the War Room or Chop Suey.

So, if it's all good with you, post whatever identifying info you'd like so we can all get to know one another a little better. I'll start it off

Student @ the UW

Live in the U District

Frequent GOODS about once a week/actually buy something about once every two months!! thosecats arethebest

Think 1524 is decent, but once was on the shaft end of a really shady reselling deal.

Favorite Spots are the War Room, Chop Suey, Broadway in general

.....about it for now. stay up

fuckin' right i'm a doctor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately... High School student for another 17 days.

But I'll be attending UW in the fall.

Been to Goods, been to 1524, but can't frequent them yet, 'cause the trip is too far to be frequent.

I do a lot of my shopping in Japan.

I might go to Tila Tequila's party tonight at Premier LOL.

But yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to check the club scene yet.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

EDCC for now, but ill be at FIDM in L.A. starting this fall

im at goods about once a weeek, and then hit up 35th north while im in seattle, i also like to hit up barnys to check on the bbc, and i dont really like capital 1524, cause i think capital 1524 is shady as well.

i have friends at the uw so i usually go down there and party on the weekends, and sometimes i go to kenmore for 12 o'clock bowling on weekdays, im always rocking some sort of dunk sb, levis and a tee, so come say whats up if you see me.

student at ais

live in tacoma (no where near seattle but in the emerald)

don't have much time to frequent around but usual spots are goods and riveted (can't afford shit)

can be seen at war room from time to time, don't know a lot of people. who's going to that pete rock thing? because i am. ohana is another good sushi spot for after 10'ers like me.

who wants to hang out and whatever? no homo.

and have safe sex? i kid.

?

yo, emerald city cats. this is cool, now we can talk the rainy city talk - i'm already discovering stuff i didn't know of before.

i'm planning on being at the pete rock show > free dollars can't be beat to see a legend.

also for sure going to the spankrock show at the chop. saw the first show when it was just armani....kind of weak but if spank is going to be there it's sure to be live...

is black bird the reincarnation of that shop that used to be in freemont in the gallery space by the crazy antiques shop???

stay up

icicle: what's the story on the pocket full of monsters, soulshifter, and fire?? I'm familiar with fourcolorzak from the war room and the flying coffin ish from GOODS, but never heard of the others you mentioned..

Quote:

icicle: what's the story on the pocket full of monsters, soulshifter, and fire?? I'm familiar with fourcolorzak from the war room and the flying coffin ish from GOODS, but never heard of the others you mentioned..

--- Original message by soundune on May 28, 2006 07:38 PM

PFOM is an art collective that my boy Angry Woebots (hawaii kid who moved to seattle) started. lots of talented heads in that crew. heres a link: http://myspace.com/pocketfullofmonsters

Soul Shifters / Circle Of Fire = bboy/house/hiphop dance crew out of seattle. reall cool heads. youve probably seen them at the War Room etc. http://www.myspace.com/soulshifters

anyhow, all the camps i named are part of the same extended family, and each crew has members from Hawaii, where im from. oh, and i forgot to mention Goods. cant wait to head back to the north west.

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Im probably the only SF'er upstate...repping Snohomish County.

I frequent Seattle as often as possible. The only place where I get compliments on my JR Calis... I need to check out Riveted soon. Or perhaps just move to Seattle. Thatd be good.

nah, I don't live in Japan, but I've gone there 3 times in the last year.

I really want to live there though, probably college / after college, then move back here.

but yeah, I just spend a shitload of money everytime I go, so that I don't have to spend much during the rest of the year.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

Guest blackbird
Quote:

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/

A really really great shop. They're going to be getting Acne, Cheap Monday, Swear, and some other really cool stuff in the future.

The employees are all very helpful too and actually the owner sometimes browses these forums.

--- Original message by ruach on May 28, 2006 02:54 PM

Thanks for mentioning Blackbird rauch! I saw you in the shop Saturday with your pal. I didn't have time to say, "hi" as i was just in to pick up my sister. Acne should be showing up this week and I'll email you when it does.

Denim brands I can confirm for Fall (July/August shipment):

April 77

Edwin

Acne Jeans

A.P.C.

Filippa K.

Earnest Sewn

Lit'l Earnie (Earnest Sewn for kids(I'll be posting pictures of my Sofia in her Rollo.BB half selvage jeans size 1))

Corpus

Crate

Denim Brands I am working on:

Nudie (looking for feedback from Seattlites as to whether enough folks will buy Nudie to make the deal profitable)

Cheap Monday (in the works)

Tsubi (in the works)

The Jean Shop (ordering in July)

Julian Red (not started but researching)

If you live in Seattle, send me your suggestions.

also, another topic:

what do you guys think of the GOODS inhouse line?? Personally, I'm pretty impressed, although as much as I like eye-catching clothing I don't think i could pull off that bondage T.

And what's the latest on those GOODS x Stussy New Eras??

i make cool clothes in Lake City

work to much to buy new clothes, last shopping trip was at Deseret Industries on aurora (mormon thrift shop)... bought a nice polka dotted women's shirt and plaid pants.

Riveted carries April 77 . . they are quite cool.

booty clap contest anyone?.......

Quote:

i think someone mentioned barney's carrying Ice Cream....is this true and if so what do they have?

--- Original message by soundune on May 30, 2006 09:15 PM

ya, i said that, they had a hoody and like two shirts last time i was there about a week ago, but they had alot more earlier in the month, so you gotta keep checking back