Robert Geller F/W 11.12 - New York

filth

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

00090m.jpg

00150m.jpg

My two favorite looks from the collection. Those studded gloves and that shearling collar jacket took me hostage. The oversized turtleneck and wide belt didn't even help. That would be a good piece for fall in exactly that camel tan color.

• 2 weeks later...

When I heard about Geller's inspiration for this collection (Visconti films), I actually kind of surprised because I didn't necessary see that in the clothes. I spoke with him quickly after the show and he said he was also drawing inspiration from Bauhaus which made a lot more sense to me. From the cubed glass backdrop on the runway to the color palette (cements and earth tones) resonated a feeling of architecture.

The styling on some of the looks is indeed a tad over dramatic, but the pieces themselves are really great. The waxed cotton blazers (not leather) they've done the past few seasons are one of my favorite. I also really liked the oversized scarves and knit hood things.

I quality of the fabrics and construction of the tailored pieces is excellent, some super soft fabrics and warm outerwear. Got a chance to check out the Seconds stuff, there's a lot of more technical active wear pieces that were sick.

Wish they had done some more leather jackets... but I guess the bordeaux one from this spring will have to do.

00130m.jpg

00150m.jpg

I admire these two particular looks. The first gives a "bad boy" look but still remains attractive. The second, on the other hand, shows a complete opposite, possessing an aura of preppy and tamed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mr. Olive and Liberte are posting up some of their buys and expected RG products. Lots of dark military stuffs, no silk pants :/

Oh another note the model over at Liberte makes everything he wears looks bad, just check the Schneider Stuff.

I asked permission of Mouko . . . but didnt hear back.

So he might ask me to take em down but here's some images he shared with me a while back when he was still running AlwaysNever.

Obviously, not every piece here in every color is guaranteed to show up, and there definitely are more than what's here. (no pics of pants here :( )

But this might give you a better idea of what else to expect.

Geller mainline:

anfw11-flowerprintshirt.jpg

anfw11-flowerprintshirt2.jpg

anfw11-hoodie.jpg

anfw11-LS_softshirt.jpg

anfw11-marcuscoat.jpg

anfw11-stefanjacket.jpg

anfw11andreaspant.jpg

anfw11basic2button.jpg

anfw11cardigan.jpg