the ultimate jean jacket

mizanation

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party, but great looking jacket miz, esp. love the different colored stitching, adds a ton of flavor.

Just picked up this pleated Ranchcraft denim jacket on ebay . .totally rigid, unwashed/unworn deadstock denim, even had the original price tag ($3.98) wanna say its from the late 60s but have no clue. Been through about 5 denim jackets recently looking for the right one; this one and another deadstock lee 101j I picked up on ebay are stickin. Ranchcraft was a Penny's private label and at the time appears to be the poor man's choice (no rivets, no buckle back etc., snap buttons) but does have a really sweet, thick white slevedge line.

ranchcraft01.JPG

ranchcraft02.JPG

ranchcraft03.JPG

ranchcraft04.JPG

thanks miz . . its actually sanforized, I plan on keeping it as dry as long as I can, can't wait to start chopping wood this winter, get some crazy elbow honey combs :) . . . yeah it does have a little bit of the wrangler 24mjz stylingm though pretty geenric with no real labels or anyting, which I kind of like . . the old-school pleated look has grown on me . . wish the pleated denim jackets would make a larger come back versus the standard trucker jackets.

denim heads will always respect the pleats, man. trucker jackets (which i love) are a little too trendy. nice to be a little different...

so, its sanforized? so it won't get those crinkles on the seams, huh? i wish my jacket was unsanforized so it would make some nice crinkles. on the lookout for unsanforized selvage denim.......

I'm a little late to the party, but great looking jacket miz, esp. love the different colored stitching, adds a ton of flavor.

Just picked up this pleated Ranchcraft denim jacket on ebay . .totally rigid, unwashed/unworn deadstock denim, even had the original price tag ($3.98) wanna say its from the late 60s but have no clue. Been through about 5 denim jackets recently looking for the right one; this one and another deadstock lee 101j I picked up on ebay are stickin. Ranchcraft was a Penny's private label and at the time appears to be the poor man's choice (no rivets, no buckle back etc., snap buttons) but does have a really sweet, thick white slevedge line.

ranchcraft01.JPG

ranchcraft02.JPG

ranchcraft03.JPG

ranchcraft04.JPG

ok... put copper snaps on that, make the bartacks circles, and use wool felt to spell out "jets" on the back, and that is the jacket i got my son this weekend.