the ultimate jean jacket

mizanation

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's amazing work. Simply beautiful. Any plans to make any more?

thanks dr. jon.

not any more jackets. it was a pain in the ass, but i wanted to make at least one by hand so i know what goes into making one. after a pair of shorts, i'll probably make a couple more pairs of jeans. when it gets a little less warm, i got plans and the fabric for a super hoody. oh, and eventually i want to make a double breasted selvage denim trenchcoat, kinda like the one marc jacobs makes.

Wow Miz jacket looks sweet! So just wondering... where'd you get the crazy idea to make a denim jacket? J/K I gotta finish mine up and get some pics up here. Seriously dude though nicely done.

^^^ cool, post pics when you can. also, could you post your other stuff?

i wanted to make a dry denim jacket cuz it's hard to find a jean jacket without distressing and with interesting stitching. also, my original goal in starting to sew was to make a double-breasted denim trench coat. everything is kind of a study in respect to that.

I'm definately gonna start collecting pics of all the stuff I've made. My original goal in sewing is actually to be able to make myself a three piece suit from scratch. I'm still working towards it, I'm not quite good enough yet.

a suit is definitely the ultimate in sewing. i'm definitely not close to being able to do it.

i did get this book though which explains a lot about tailoring techniques. there is so much that goes into making a suit it's crazy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0870054317/qid=1152216583/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/103-1174823-9809416?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

i figure if after the trench coat, i will start making some tailored shirts. after a few of those, i might be able to make my first suit.