raw 501xx STF

bookem

first off................please don't hte me cos i'm askin an obvious question, i used the search function and i'm still a little baffled

my regular size is 36/38 x 34 so i've bought some raw non selvedge 501xx shrink to fit

in 40 x 38 (they fuckin swamp me!!)

what i can work out from what i've read so far is to soak them in the bath for 4hrs (ish), take em out put em on, get in another hot bath with em on for an hour then get out the bath and leave em to dry while wearing them

does this sound about right or am i way off the mark?

thx

what exactly are you trying to do?

if you soak them for a bit they should shrink. you don't need to sit in the tub unless you think they might shrink and get tighter than your waist size. those should end up about 37 or 38 by 34 or so so i wouldn't wear them in the tub, just soak a bit to shrink down.

Guest sauce1

what about shrinking everything but the waist?

coldsoak while wearing them?

I ahvea a few worn STFs and i've never tried shrinking them....do they loose indigo?

thanx.

someone took my niketalk name here.

I soaked mine for three and a half hours in a bath tub in medium temp. water.

Let em' hang dry and have been wearing them as much as possible after. Haven't starched or anything yet, but honeycombs and whiskers, etc. are coming along alright.

If you've owned a pair of premium raw denim before, these definately don't compare to any good raw denim jeans though.

Quote:

first off................please don't hte me cos i'm askin an obvious question, i used the search function and i'm still a little baffled

my regular size is 36/38 x 34 so i've bought some raw non selvedge 501xx shrink to fit

in 40 x 38 (they fuckin swamp me!!)

what i can work out from what i've read so far is to soak them in the bath for 4hrs (ish), take em out put em on, get in another hot bath with em on for an hour then get out the bath and leave em to dry while wearing them

does this sound about right or am i way off the mark?

thx

--- Original message by bookem on May 25, 2006 05:02 AM

man, i think you way overshot the waist. I wear a 35 in prewashed 501s, and i ordered a 36 in stf. after about a day, the waist stretched back out to a 36.

Edited by justbrowsing on May 26, 2006 at 06:21 AM

STF are designed to be soaked/washed before wearing so they can shrink, hence the shrink to fit name. If you never plan on washing your jeans then ordering true to size is fine, if you plan on keeping them and cleaning them when they smell like rotten ass then you will want to size up 2" and soak before wearing. Otherwise you will end up with a pair of jeans that most likely will not fit once they are clean. So all that time spent breaking them in will just result in a pair of jeans you can hang on the wall, but not wear.

Edited by Jetta on May 26, 2006 at 07:37 AM

For what it's worth, my experience is a little different. Since they run slightly big in the waste, I buy my correct size. I wear 34 and I'd buy a 34. When you wash it eventually, it might shrink half an inch to three-quarters of an inch, but will pretty much stretch back to the right size in the waist after you wear it for a day or two, even if you wear them them dry. However, you definitely need to buy three or more inches longer in the legs, because the inseam doesn't stretch back.

Guest sauce1

^howd you loose the weight, whats the secret. haha jk.

Yeah My experience is they stay pretty true...they shrink to fit indeed, but after washing and wearing they also Stretch to fit back at the waist. I washed a few of my pairs.

someone took my niketalk name here.

• 4 years later...
why are the 1947 501xx STF made in USA Cone Mills so popular.

I just sold a pair and people went crazy for it.

because it's one of the best fitting most versatile jeans out there...

it looks good on almost any body type and cone mills denim is top notch

do some homework...

because it's one of the best fitting most versatile jeans out there...

it looks good on almost any body type and cone mills denim is top notch

do some homework...

someone just informed me of this, also provided this little tidbit:

Awesome list check:

Leather patch [check]

cone mills selvage denim [check]

slim cut [check]

Levi's back to the quality roots [check]