hardcore, bridge 9 board, etc.

adsurgo

I'm from Jersey, and I lurk the B9.

Tend to frequent our own goofy board.

New This Is Hell is the best CD out right now, no doubt.

And my brians exploded at someone from the Mongoloids posting here.

Did you go to Sean's house after the DTN show?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

i lurk the b9 but i don't post there. i've been involved in hc for about 12 years now, but i really slowed down a lot in the past 2-3 years or so.

only hardcore bands i still listen to on a regular basis are the bad brains, cro-mags, burn, leeway, supertouch, underdog, icemen and merauder. probably more but you get the idea.

i'll go to a show whenever i'm actually interested in the bands and that doesn't happen a lot anymore. last show i've been to was fvk/gut instinct in baltimore.

probably gonna go see leeway/merauder next week.

p.s. i saw the mongoloids a while ago, definitely noticed that there was some sort of denim knowledge going on. nothing i'd listen to at home but pretty fun to watch live, good cover selection.

Edited by genemachine on May 25, 2006 at 06:24 AM

--- Original message by genemachine on May 25, 2006 06:17 AM

wheres that leeway show? if its in long island i think were playing it.

[EDIT] - were playing the leeway show the 4th i believe. wrong show.

whered you see us before?

thanks, we do our best with picking covers.

Edited by adsurgo on May 26, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Quote:

I'm from Jersey, and I lurk the B9.

Tend to frequent our own goofy board.

New This Is Hell is the best CD out right now, no doubt.

And my brians exploded at someone from the Mongoloids posting here.

Did you go to Sean's house after the DTN show?

--- Original message by MyAcademy on May 25, 2006 11:49 PM

yeah. we were supposed to play again, but didnt because down to nothing and shore kids wanted to bounce over to the grease trucks and the shore.

drew exclusive, who are you?

.....i post once in a blue moon on bridge 9...used to post on rev and livewire boards too.

ive been into hardcore for 12 years now i think. grew up going to shows in VB and RVA. live in NC now, dont go to shows much if ever now. dont have time and just not worried about it. still listen to nothin but bad brains, cro-mags, 7 seconds, antiodote, no justice, and the like.

.......and THEN i pulled out.

Quote:

Never been to B9, but I played in a NYC HC/thrash band called Asstroland for 10 years, put out a bunch of records, toured the US a couple times. Played shows with Spazz, DropDead, Los Crudos, Charles Bronson and loads of bands in that style. I miss playing a lot, but don't miss the HC scene very much.

Edited by arem on May 25, 2006 at 08:47 PM

--- Original message by arem on May 25, 2006 08:47 PM

i think this thread is sad because no one else is impressed that you've played with probably some of the best hardcore bands in the past 20 years (ones that rival the originals) Crudos were one of the most amazing bands I ever saw live.Spazz I saw a LONG time ago at stalag 13 in philly and living in RI for 7 years , I've seen my fair share of drop dead shows.

fuck that bridge 9 crap, bring back clean plate

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

I've been into HC for about 7 years, and sxe for 9 years. I'm no longer interested in either one. Although I do still love YOT, Chain, Judge, Cro Mags, etc... mostly the late 80's youth crew. I was never interested in that metal shit. I've been in a couple bands, but nothing big. The latest one is No Foolin. www.myspace.com/nofoolin

Quote:

did anyone go to the pist reunion show a few years back? can't believe I fucking missed that.

--- Original message by poly800rock on May 28, 2006 09:07 PM

weirdest thing, my mom came home one day from work with a pist cd and was like "i was talking to this guy who works in kitchen and when i told him about the music you listen to and stuff and he said he played in this band 'the pist' and gave me this cd to give you"

very funny

Guest doubletap
Quote: I could be wrong, but I think those genres are unrelated to the hardcore we're talking about.

I know, totaly different shit. my bad.

streamline the sickness

Quote:

has anyone seen ignite on this tour? they're playing indianapolis saturday and am wondering if itd be worth checking out

--- Original message by mlproject on Jun 1, 2006 03:12 PM

as i said on the page before this, i just saw them. very awesome, i'd say hit it up unless something better comes up, which is impossible cause blacklisted is on the tour and they're amazing.