hardcore, bridge 9 board, etc.

adsurgo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont post on B9, but still sorta active in hardcore in perth, western australia.

the bands i play in have evolved over the last 4-5 years from more hardcore influenced roots to post-hardcore/prog/doom and death/black metal.

still play a fair few shows with hc bands, and there's a pretty big scene here in perth.

http://www.myspace.com/eleventhhereacheslondon

http://www.myspace.com/fooltheworld

I don't go to many shows anymore, but I could at least see many bands in the past, including Botch's final three shows.

In the mid to late 90s my brother was much more involved in the NW hardcore scene than I ever was. He hosted a lot of bands in his living room, including an early Blood Brothers who got dropped off by one of their moms in a mini van. I was lucky to get his vinyl collection, too, which consisted of great things by Jough Dawn Baker, Slowsidedown, old Undertow stuff, etc.

im from jersey and im pretty active in it.

i dont post on B9 but im a frequent lurker.

im in a band the mongoloids (www.myspace.com/mongoloidsnj). we did a weekend tour and are about to do another with cold world and war hungry in the midwest. split cd with this means everything and 7" ep out soon.

Quote:

im in a band the mongoloids (www.myspace.com/mongoloidsnj). we did a weekend tour and are about to do another with cold world and war hungry in the midwest. split cd with this means everything and 7" ep out soon.

--- Original message by adsurgo on May 25, 2006 01:15 AM

that's cool. i do shows for my college in philly, if you want to ever open a show just pm me.

cold world's going to europe huh?

toma açaí

jpgm - will do man.

azad - what college you go to? i used to be in philly all the time because thats where my ex is from. she goes to drexel. yeah cold world is going on tour for a while i think. im pretty sure our boys in war hungry are goin to.

[EDIT]- i was wrong about that last part... the tour is with justice.

Edited by adsurgo on May 25, 2006 at 02:06 AM

i used to be involved in NZ hardcore in the 80's, ran a fanzine, organised shows, had bands, there wasn't not so much straightedge action in those days.

i hung out with some younger hc guys a few years ago and they seemed to like violence so it didn't really appeal.

here is a rough recording of a band i played guitar in, in 2002, i guess technically it's post hardcore icon_smile_big.gif

edit useless link

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on May 25, 2006 at 10:10 AM

i lurk the b9 but i don't post there. i've been involved in hc for about 12 years now, but i really slowed down a lot in the past 2-3 years or so.

only hardcore bands i still listen to on a regular basis are the bad brains, cro-mags, burn, leeway, supertouch, underdog, icemen and merauder. probably more but you get the idea.

i'll go to a show whenever i'm actually interested in the bands and that doesn't happen a lot anymore. last show i've been to was fvk/gut instinct in baltimore.

probably gonna go see leeway/merauder next week.

p.s. i saw the mongoloids a while ago, definitely noticed that there was some sort of denim knowledge going on. nothing i'd listen to at home but pretty fun to watch live, good cover selection.

Edited by genemachine on May 25, 2006 at 06:24 AM

i used to go to shows in the bay area

i don't anymore really as a result of the current state and attitude that goes along with hardcore

a good majority of my friends are very involved though

so i stay somewhat informed and listen to some of the music

You've got nothing but hatred!

Quote:

i lurk the b9 but i don't post there. i've been involved in hc for about 12 years now, but i really slowed down a lot in the past 2-3 years or so.

only hardcore bands i still listen to on a regular basis are the bad brains, cro-mags, burn, leeway, supertouch, underdog, icemen and merauder. probably more but you get the idea.

i'll go to a show whenever i'm actually interested in the bands and that doesn't happen a lot anymore. last show i've been to was fvk/gut instinct in baltimore.

p.s. i saw the mongoloids a while ago, definitely noticed that there was some sort of denim knowledge going on. nothing i'd listen to at home but pretty fun to watch live, good cover selection.

--- Original message by genemachine on May 25, 2006 06:17 AM

I saw FKV in VB, fucking amazing. Also, i thought leeway was the 16th?

RichmondSkylineNight.jpg

Quote:

--- Original message by adsurgo on May 25, 2006 01:15 AM

have you guys played in bloomington/louisville/indianapolis? i'm pretty sure i've seen you, but i can't figure out where.

i grew up in louisville when straigendpoint once then was lucky enough to be around a lot of the bands that came out and came ht edge was still huge and louisville hated cincinnati. i caught through there. by the grace of god and guilt were other local favs.

i still listen to a lot of youth crew style hardcore, metal stuff (soilent green/cavity/etc), 77/oi, and reggae - pretty much all stemming from those days.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by genemachine on May 25, 2006 06:17 AM

I saw FKV in VB, fucking amazing. Also, i thought leeway was the 16th?

--- Original message by drew exclusive on May 25, 2006 01:23 PM

june2.jpg

Never been to B9, but I played in a NYC HC/thrash band called Asstroland for 10 years, put out a bunch of records, toured the US a couple times. Played shows with Spazz, DropDead, Los Crudos, Charles Bronson and loads of bands in that style. I miss playing a lot, but don't miss the HC scene very much.

Edited by arem on May 25, 2006 at 08:47 PM