24 oz. Jeans made in u.s.a.

klue

I had to do the belt loops with a walking foot machine. The way I fold them is even thicker that traditional construction. The belt loops are four layers thick, so after they are folded, plus waist band, I'm going through ten layers of 24 oz. I also took the opportunity to reenforce the waistband for Beatle.

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5635.jpgIMG_5636.jpg

Reinforced center back seam with beltloop supporter

IMG_5632.jpg

Handsewn in some places. Too thick for my machine

0cfd8b38.jpg

the waist hand stitching is the only thing that "worries" me...how strong is that compared to a single stitch via machine ?

provided he locked it properly, it should be very strong. stronger than any machine stitch mostly because the thread used in hand sewing is so thick that no normal machine can handle a thread that thick because the needle holes in machines arent big/wide enough to take in the ones used for handsewing.

It may very well be that the thread used by klue is really strong, but just because a thread is thick, does not mean it is strong. I have sewn with thick 100% top stitching thread and it can't hold shit together the way some thin ass poly cotton thread can.

doesn't matter about the thread, although i use 100 percent cotton, i sit at at least 5 different sewing machines every day. my jeans will never fall apart.

Right now I am in the business of custom orders for a small run of jeans rather than single pairs. I do have a size 32 and 2 x 34s that i will be exploring and refining my 24 oz. Construction techniques. I will sell these to individuals. Pm if interested.

Some folks when they make things push the wonkiness, and odd aspects in a contrived manner so people will see how avant garde, and 'out of the box' they are (saw way too much of this from the trust fund babies in art school). Then there are the folks that are just groovin' in their own groove, and what comes out is just them. I get the feeling you're on that side of the coin, and I'm starting to pick up your vibe. Keep it up. I'm curious to see what comes along as your craft progresses.

I applaud anyone for doing their own project, but i also cant help but wonder why no one has mentioned the fact that these are just plain unattractive pants, and all of the Posts about their strength and construction are so smug and arrogant its kind of hard to read. I think if a new poster, or spammer came in advertising these exact same pants, the flaming would be over the top.

To each their own I suppose, good luck with whatever it is your vision is.

Attaching denim to front pockets. One of the simpler jobs on the jeans. This is for a size 34.1ff37041.jpg79e6a47e.jpg

Hemming the fifth pocket2cff7b93.jpg

Ride it straight into the next stitch for no waste

4cc2999a.jpg

Putting pocket on

ed2ec0bd.jpg14f41a46.jpg

Returning for a skipped stitchcdca1eed.jpg

All tightened up

5ce31801.jpg

Cut excess pocketing

904b39c3.jpg

Flip, iron, and sew

33ad3291.jpg

Notice the skipped stitch.

Fixed on the second pass

41408f2d.jpg

Tomorrow I will use titanium needle to try and minimise the skipped stitches.

Rivets coming to the back sides as well

3be70f82.jpg

Rivet, burr, and old ice pick 03b8187b.jpg

The ice pick breaks

4cdc84c4.jpg

The Leather awl is used

a5c5c8b7.jpg

From the back

9b8acf4a.jpg

It needs help getting through

9377215e.jpg

One the copper peeks, it's ready for the washer