dior jeans rivet

i realise the back of the rivet dropped today when i got home and took of my 4 month old dior jeans. anyone with any idea why that might happen? could it be the result of sweat corroding the rivet causing it to fall out of place?

<a href="http://xs.to" target="_blank"><a href="http://xs.to" target="_blank">http://xs.to</a>/xs.php?h=xs200&d=06186&f=P1050776.JPG</a>]a>.xs.jpg</a>

P1050776.JPG

• 1 month later...

Was this Joyce in TST? I'm going to HK in a couple of days, does anyone know if DH is priced reasonably in HK? I would like a pair of raw DH's but I don't want to spend $4-600 for the raw ones like they are charging in Japan and Korea.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Was this Joyce in TST? I'm going to HK in a couple of days, does anyone know if DH is priced reasonably in HK? I would like a pair of raw DH's but I don't want to spend $4-600 for the raw ones like they are charging in Japan and Korea.

--- Original message by dismalfuture on Jun 10, 2006 02:58 AM

DH is NOT reasonably priced in HK. I've been to all the stores and apparently the raw denims either aren't being carried this season or are sold out, none of the stories carry it, only the washed jeans. I wouldn't buy DH in Hong Kong anyway, let alone Joyce (fuck their snotty ass service). You're gonna get raped price-wise, the blue whiskered jeans which are $495 in the U.S. cost $695 over here. They do go on discount, but even after the current 30% discount you're still paying above retail.

Also the selection is crappy, the blazers they bought this season aren't very nice, and the selection is mostly t-shirts/polos/sweatshirts anyway. The good thing is some t-shirts that sell out really fast elsewhere are fully stocked in HK, seems like nobody buys that shit and business is bad. I picked up a black/red "I'm the boy about town" t-shirt a few weeks ago.

Fade To Black and Boomslang, thanks for the heads up. You said something about a current discount, are there sales going on nowadays in HK? I am kinda going at the wrong time to pick up S/S06 goods I know. I should be there by mid-week.

I guess I may have to skip on DH's, since I really just wanted the raw ones. Are import goods in HK subject to import taxes at those boutiques? I live in Korea and it's really maddening because the import taxes are so so high here. I paid about US$220 for a pair of raw APC jeans, and likewise the taxes on everything else are beserk. For my reference, how much are A.P.C jeans down there? I'm thinking even though they are still more expensive in HK than in the US, I might still be getting an ok deal if I buy down there. I don't really plan on going back to the US anytime soon.

Edited by dismalfuture on Jun 10, 2006 at 09:51 PM

Depending on the brands you go for, I find Hong Kong to be an awesome place to shop. Lane Crawford carries a lot of great stuff. Evisu jeans are much cheaper in Hong Kong, got a pair of Evisu Osaka Ban Cinched slim-fit jeans at Lane Crawford. Cheaper than the prices found at Rakuten and this is excluding shipping.

Quote: Are import goods in HK subject to import taxes at those boutiques?

No but if we are talking Joyce they are subject to sheer speculation.

In contract APC is priced quite reasonably. The cheapest are raw NS at 999 HKD. The sale in all IT boutiques just kicked off (APC is carried by IT group) so you may be up for very good deals on APC stuff exept jeans which do not go on discount.

And, Joyce being a rare exception, Korea is much more expensive than Hong Kong.

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

Guest Fade to Black

If you're into Evisu, Red Monkey, you can find tons of good deals here, just go to Lane Crawford. Jeans normally going for $300 to $500 USD and above elsewhere are much more reasonably priced here. Sales just started across the board, I believe the current going discount is at 30%.