Earnest Sewn Fulton - waist sizing, true to size? or? also LVC 1947 STFs

Hello, been browsing these forums for awhile now, but needed to ask a question. I live in New Orleans and there isn't a place with a large selection of great jeans since Saks burned down during Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, I will have to mail order most of my jeans, which sucks for try on purposes.

My questions are about sizing on two jeans - Earnest Sewn Fultons (NON raw) in one of the distessed washes and the LVC 1947 STF jeans.

Are the Fultons and 1947s true to size? I understand that the 1947s will shrink substatially when washing but sans washing is what I'm asking about.

For example, if I ordered a 36 waist in both jeans, then what do you think the actual waist measurements on the jeans would be? I like jeans that fit, NOT baggy, but relaxed, NOT unusually tight, but ones that do fit. Also how are the real-world fits on both of these jeans, relaxed, slim, very slim, etc?

I appreciate any help that any of you you can give me, it would be a hell of a drag to have to constantly order jeans, then mail them back, then get a new size, etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread because I am going to try one last time b4 I place my order to get any responses to my Earnest Sewn Fulton washed question. I have no choice but to mail order these jeans but I really have no idea what size to order. Considering that these jeans cost around $210 I would rather not have to order 2-3 and return the rest in order to find the one correct size. I really cant afford that. Store reps havent really been that helpful in getting measurements for me.

So here goes, I assume Fultons sit on the hip area, right? If so, I would need a pair that measured 35-36" in the waste with the tops fully lined up amd straightened while measuring. I have no idea what size to order to get a 35-36" waste. Example, in Levi 501 I wear a size 34-36 depending on the particular pair, 7's bootcut 33-34, APC 32-33, True Religion Joeys 32-33, etc

Remember that the Fultons will be a washed finished, not raw.

Any help would be highly appreciated