Cargos

viv1984viv

Morning SuFu,

Sorry if this has been posted before, did search but nothing came up.

Cargos, I'd really like a new pair, my old uniqlo have been my favourite trousers for a long time, side pockets and drawstrings at the hem - nice drape, great.

I'd love to see some RRL examples ( not available online as far as I can tell ) or perhaps some Amerkaji brand cargos. I would also like to see some examples from the more technically developed end of the spectrum.

So let me know what you got, fit pics and original photos get rep.

thanks guys, good suggestions - I'd really like to see some pics of the RRL, half tempted to just call a store to see if they could sell em over the phone.

I'm UK based so perhaps not as readily available as in US.

Carhartt look nice.

I could see any cargos on CP company UK site.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I saw that but the scotch & soda ones are the only decent-looking ones from that roundup, and I don't trust the quality. The rest are just like flip-flop, throw on some extra pockets, who cares, there you go.

I want something that looks a little rough, a little lux (as in, these clearly aren't from the army-navy store), but without veering toward any gothy, s&m-type bondage influences, which is my only hang-up about the julius. I'll keep looking.

c98e13977c.jpg

70726f647563742f6237643.png

takahiro miyashita comin thru with the cargo broodiness, if there was such a thing.

taper is rediculous on this thing, but i'd be super dope if you could wear it like one size bigger and pair it with a casual wool blazer.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any clues on where to find nice grey wool cargo pants? Nothing too burly though, thinking along the lines of maybe a herringbone fabric.

img7289large.jpg

mark mcnairy grey wool slim cargo pants

also, this might be this year's oddest collaboration ever? :confused:

opening ceremony x tron legacy cargo pants

pop275623cargoblk.jpg

pop275622cargoblk.jpg

here is the old cargo pants thread created by minya for older material and reference:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20827

can a mod please combine the two threads?

there might be another cargo pant thread that may be floating around in the depths of sufu but i cannot find it

i was looking long and hard (wink) at those mcnairy joints but the rise is so short and the inseam so small - doesn't make sense for a cargo pant like that; i just went and picked up a tru-spec 8 pocket pant for like 1/4 the cost, i will report back once it hits (i got a digi cam version):

tr5615002.jpg

of course, there's the veilance cargo

pnt02cargopantcoal.png

i know the cotton duck has it (maybe the LT version)

and there's always the arcteryx rampart and raider pants, if you like the technical thing

xx

x

here is the old cargo pants thread created by minya for older material and reference:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20827

can a mod please combine the two threads?

there might be another cargo pant thread that may be floating around in the depths of sufu but i cannot find it

that thread has been dead for two years

the links are mostly broken

i don't see why you'd want this thread merged with that one

nostalgic?

takahiro miyashita comin thru with the cargo broodiness, if there was such a thing.

taper is rediculous on this thing, but i'd be super dope if you could wear it like one size bigger and pair it with a casual wool blazer.

I'd definitely try this. My concern, though, is that with the hem and the way the material looks, it'd veer too far towards leggings territory. But is this line available now?

i was looking long and hard (wink) at those mcnairy joints but the rise is so short and the inseam so small - doesn't make sense for a cargo pant like that; i just went and picked up a tru-spec 8 pocket pant for like 1/4 the cost, i will report back once it hits (i got a digi cam version):

mcnairy cargos:

short rise and inseam: wear 'em slightly below the waist

looks good on mark himself

markmcnairy.jpg

tru-spec:

are those the 100% cotton ones or the cotton/poly blend?

looking forward to see you pull off the digi cam print

i couldn't pull the trigger on the digicam mcnairy pants, because i'd definitely get some awkward stares from some ROTC guys i know

mcnairy cargos:

short rise and inseam: wear 'em slightly below the waist

looks good on mark himself

markmcnairy.jpg

tru-spec:

are those the 100% cotton ones or the cotton/poly blend?

looking forward to see you pull off the digi cam print

i couldn't pull the trigger on the digicam mcnairy pants, because i'd definitely get some awkward stares from some ROTC guys i know

mcnairy looks bizarre

just overkill

the undone flaps on the monkstraps

the bowtie

the watchface on the inner wrist

the damned tote

i am surprised he doesn't wear his eyeglasses upside down

i am a little scared about the tru-specs tbh

but i just need the extra pockets on the weekends since i need to carry two cell phones, a notepad, and other gear

i've got friends that carry weapons for work and you wouldn't know it to look at them

i certainly tend to look like i'm concealing a weapon what with the weird bulges in my pants... uh...

william gibson discusses this in a wired interview:

Q: but you also talk very funnily about the "gear queer" -- people who fetishise slick military materials and gear. Science fiction has been gear queer for decades of course…

A: That’s part of the joke for me! With gear queer I think there is a big appeal in things that provide an illusion of control. The actual "gear queer hits the street" look is crazier than that -- I don’t really understand it… As near as I can tell it’s the look of people who aren’t carrying a gun but want to make you think they are. It’s a mad look -- the people they imagine they are dressing up as will never be caught dead in any of that gear, because they are carrying guns.

Their uniform is baggy khakis and a striped polo shirt and a faded ball cap. It’s called "grey man" and it’s this look that’s in-between everything… Are they tennis playing tech executives, or are they there to fix the air conditioner? You sort of can’t tell. It’s designed to attract absolutely no attention and project as little law enforcement and special forces vibe as possible. It’s become so popular that now when I see anyone wearing that uniform I check for the bulge of a weapon. In Afghanistan I’ve been told that with a very specific trim of beard that look will get you in trouble unless you genuinely are the real thing.