Denim for the larger guy...

I don't know if there is anybody that can help me but I need to find some descent nice denim. I have know idea where to find my size. I can pull off a 42 waist if the jeans are loose-baggy fitting or a 44 waist. I'm in the process of losing weight but slowly so I'm trying get Jeans to last me for a while. My favorite Jeans I wear are just Levi shrink to fit in a 44/32 I don't wash them I just buy more cause they fit perfect, not to baggy and smaller taperd bottoms so it doesn't hang under my shoes I hate that. If anybody knows of some similar fitting jeans and where I could buy them please let me know.

I'm also interested in Evisu's and Red Monkey (kind of) I just here that they might make up to that size but I've only seen 44 in evisu on Nordstrom.com and it sold within hours of me seeing it.

Red Monkey are they Legit.... from my shoe experience I would say no because of the obvious price gap but take a look and help me out I would appreciate it.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-RED-MONKEY-RMC-JEANS-LIMITED-Sz-44-RARE_W0QQitemZ7762475707QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

www.myspace.com/a_t_c

www.myspace.com/atcmixtape

if you're losin weight, way drop 3 digits on some jeans that won't fit you in a year?

as for the RMC's.. price is too low.. but also the back patch doesn't sit right to me. i've seen a lot of fake RMC's in china, especially those ones that he's sellin in particular. i don't like how he doesn't show the red tag in the back of the jeans or any of the selvedge.. if there is any.

Cause I'm sick of wearing rocawear jeans, sean john crap like that. I gotta pair of Von Dutch jeans and there ok I guess and I love my Levi's, can't go wrong with those, $35 but I just feel like I need some nice jeans to compliment my kicks and other gear properly. I'm getting way into this fashion thing I guess. I don't mind throwing down a little money on some jeans I can just not get a pair of shoes.

www.myspace.com/a_t_c

www.myspace.com/atcmixtape

Guest sauce1

i feel the same way bro. im 40-42 so i'm stuck with STFs and wranglers, i got some mavi, seven and diesel but i havent felt those in a bit. Unfortunately all the 'cool" denim brands never go past 36-38...

depends all what u lookin for i guess.

find some brands and see if they make ure size.

someone took my niketalk name here.

Iron heart jeans do nice selvage and go up to a 42" waist

http://www.ironheart.co.uk

Tenderloin does fantastic denim, selvage, cinchback in indigo or black. It says an XL is 38-40 but I'd say it's a fair bit bigger that before washing, if you dry clean them they'd definitely fit you.

The problem is hey're very expensive compared to US brands, Ironheart are $265 and Tenderloin run slightly more, beautiful jeans though.

Edited by generic_guy on Apr 28, 2006 at 02:11 AM

• 5 months later...
Guest mocazen

I was wondering what you guys would reccomend for denim, im a big guy , i wear 38, but im not sure what to get, needs to be loose, seems alot of cats on here are rail thin, any help would be appreciated

you probably won't get a lot of answers with such an open ended question. It will take a lot of searching and reading on this forum to find your answers.

That said, I would suggest any of the Levis repro or LVC (Levis' Vintage Line) jeans. Most of these are a bit fuller cut and fit relaxed in the butt. If you want Japanese, look into Sugarcane, possibly the 1947 model. There are many other options but the SC47 is the only one I own that is fuller cut and sounds like it would suit you.

One thing that you MUST KNOW mocazen - is that quality denim STRETCHES like fuck ...

So unless you get unwashed raw true to size 38's - you will most likely be just fine .

Of course there are techniques to make the fit proper , but nothing complicated .

I'm a true 39" waist - with gigantic thighs and almost equally sized up calves ..

no worries ..

What inseam do you take ?

well, i can't speak in terms of the bigger waist sizes, myself being a 29 and under usually. but still, all i can say is that nothing beats actually trying them on. i always think buying jeans online is risky territory simply because everyone wants a certain fit.

there are alot of things you'll have to clarfiy before you get a decent answer:

what rise are you looking for?

are you ok with anti-fit?

do you care about denim weight?

budget?

list goes on...

by the by, example pics would help. until then, good luck searching; there's like a bajillion pages here.

Im a 38 or 40 waist depending and there are a few japanese companies that make waist sizes that big. Off the top of my head: Samurai, Flathead, Fullcount, Skull,

Denime, Eternal, Warehouse, 45rpm all make a regular/relaxed fit jean in waist sizes 38 or 40. Ive only really researched the japanese brands because thats where my insterest lies but Ive done a fairbit of reserach regarding who makes lare waist sizes and inseams. A couple non japanese jeans I can recommend though are an APC Rescue in size 36(apc sizing is strange and this roughly equals 38), and a Nudie Baggy Bjorn. Ill try and give more specific info if you need it.

I have a pair of size 36 APC Rescues and they are huuuge now, so if you get a 38 I think they would stretch and fit you. Also, anybody have any recommendations for Japanese denim. Currently, I am wearing the Rescues and Nudie SS (size 36). The SS fit nice so I'm looking for that kind of fit or something in between the SS and the Rescues. I'm a big guy so skinny fit is out of the question. So far I have been looking at: PBJ XX-003, Oni-Vedge Blue/Red, or some Samurais. I know all are great brands, but I have been leaning toward the PBJ or Samurai. Is the quality about the same between these or does one have superior denim? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.