Americana

A one-stop shop to discuss menswear blogs, vintage shops, barbour jackets, obscure moccasin outfitters, heritage lines, collaborations, MOP buttons, ivy, organically sourced oxford cloth, chambray boxers, using outdated hood slang when talking about overpriced "everyman" wear, and speculation on what type of toothpaste mark mcnairy uses.

I'll start w/ how the amazingness that is the new filson x levis trucker jacket:

6a010535d07789970c013485f8b4be970c-800wi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male bloggers are only interesting behind their computers, and even then that's a stretch.

I like that shooting shirt, was considering buying a Woolrich one this year but the price is looking good. Not surprised that type III is selling out so quick.

Use Active2010. i used that shit on the typeiii and it worked. might be good for the shooter too. Shit is too ill, just wish i had some scratch left over for it.

The Type III is a perfect Fall jacket. Makes me glad i didn't cop the supreme timberline from last year...

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_tnail.aspx?dir_id=1308&group_id=1309&cat_id=7935&subcat_id=6318

Orvis taking Americana to the next level, where else can you buy a vintage pick up truck along with some Made in American denim?

Surprised to see Stronghold on there and I haven't seen anyone carry Taylor Supply... weird.

Also, what kind of behind-the-curtain Orvis development page did you link to?

orvis.jpg

I consider myself an American size large/42R and that's a large, so I didn't size up. I'd say it's slim fitting. It's a little weird for a tin cloth jacket, b/c Filson tin pieces (IME) tend to leave a good deal of room for layers and movement, and this does not.

If you'd like measurements or other points of reference let me know.

Also, for folks checking out Americana/Japanese Americana blogs, mistercrew is where it's at.

yeah, i looked at the size chart and it didn't seem undersized at all

was even contemplating sizing down one

i looked over the steezforum thread and was chagrined that no one seemed to know how trucker jackets are supposed to fit (except you and arethusa)

looks like a cool piece

wish it didn't have the handwarmer pockets though

and the piece would make so much more sense lined

wish they'd have given levi's cone denim the filson oil treatment

that'd have been the business

i am not sure why you'd want the cruiser in denim

non-sensical to me

the denim plus tin cloth tote is the only piece that looks like a perfect marriage of the two brands

38 is normally a medium, isn't it?

i'm a 38 chest and i am a medium in most everything

anyway, i ordered a small because it was all that i could get my hands on and it feels like a 36

i can button it up but it feels a bit restrictive

about to send it back in a couple hours unless someone here wants at it

nice jacket though

desperate to get one in a medium

Take 1 IVY...

HOPSACK cap

OXFORD CLOTH shirt

RIBBON belt

MADRAS shorts

NO socks

SUEDE bucks

Add 1 MILITARIA/WORKWEAR..

OLIVE DRAB bucket hat

CAMO shorts

CORDURA tote bag

Add a pinch of FRUTE...

SILK/WOOL polka-dot bowtie

GREY FLANNEL man-skirt

SEERSUCKER speedo

MIX WELL

SERVE CHILLED

I fucking hate what "Americana" is today.

Straight white-boy, khaki wearin', bow–tie havin', boat shoe wearin', simple ass bloggers.

It's supposed to be all manly and rough but in reality you either look like a logger or a rich kid from the east coast.