Shoes - Toe Taps ??

englandmj7

I have a couple pairs of dress shoes with thin compressed leather soles that I dropped a chunk of change on and heard that it is a smart idea to get "toe taps" put on them to prolong the life of the sole. When I looked into it on the net I realized that there are different kinds (metal, plastic, etc.) and different sizes (small, med., large) and that you can put them on the heel and toe. The toe of the shoe is already starting to wear down a bit........

Anyone have any recommendations in terms of size, etc? I wear an 11 shoe...does it matter? Do I need them on the heels? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

icon_smile.gif

Get a thin piece of rubber glued on the front part of the sole (and, if it is fully leather, on the heel as well). Then get a small (plastic, not metal - metal will scratch up floors and furniture) tap on the part of the heel that has the most wear. The thin rubber layer will hide most of the leather soles, but it's worth getting if you're going to wear the shoes regularly. Re-soling will make them good as new, but it's a lot more expensive than getting taps and hard to get done right.