Contest Idea - Black Chucks Contest

So I see this whole obsession with contests and breaking stuff in and I think this would be a fresh idea instead of all these denim contests.Would anyone here be interested?

Cool idea, but maybe it belongs in the superfashion section? This is the superdenim section (hence the denim contests). But I'd definitely be in as I've been looking at grabbing a pair of chucks for a while.

I am not really seeing a point to this, perhaps a shoe that could build years of heavy wear and patina would be interesting if enough people wanted to join in with very close shoe sizes.

As it currently stands chucks are nice shoes but they don't last very long, certainly not if they are being sent to multiple people who are trying to put as much wear into them as possible.

I would suggest if you really want to get this idea to take off you should try a resole-able boot along the lines of alden, smokejumpers, whites, really any number of boots could work.

I think he was trying to suggest a contest, not a tour.

You're right clavin, a tour would be weak as they'd potentially be destroyed by the 4th or 5th person. No point in that.

But, a contest would be doable. Everyone buys a pair of chucks, and wears 'em for say, half-a-year? That would be pretty sweet to see what happens.

Ah my mistake, I misread him and saw this as a tour. Even still they would all end up destroyed within 1 year of heavy contest worthy wear (which may or may not end up giving us all nice pictures to look at) , boots or bust is still my standing opinion on the matter.

yea srsly, i go through a pair of chucks every 6 months. ripped insoles and everythang. thank God they're dirt cheap for our standards.