VISVIM S/S 06 Catalog

englandmj7

some cool stuff - definitely worth a look!

Quote: dig the layout of the book. hate the skull and crossbones. that shit is as played out as ninjas and robots.

say what?? since when did ninjas and robots get played out?!?!? icon_smile_shock.gif i'm late...

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were giving the books out at IT when you purchased something visvim. but their prices were really high... $100 premium on the japanese price usually.

bish- how is the quality getting worse? i'd be interested to hear...

Edited by xcoldricex on Mar 22, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Well, just little things really (and like I said they're still some of the best about). For example, in the Hypatex/Ballistic ones, the back padding used to be in kinda 'V' sections, whereas the most recent one just has one continuous pad; the rubberised bits (headphone hole cover, side pocket tags etc) used to be far heavier weight than they are now; the straps used to be softer (though I guess that's just personal preference) and so on. In general, the most recent one just feels a little bit 'flimsier' than previous models.

All this is pretty small potatoes (er, or whatever), but when combined with the price rises(£170 A/W 04, £200 S/S 05, £240 A/W 05) it just gives you a slight sinking feeling.

Still frickin' ace bags though. Highly recommended, as long as you don't plan to put them on the floor much (elk skin/woven wool+concrete=dirt).

might have to look for an older backpack then... haha. want to donate one to me? :)

one question, what is the purpose of the diamond shaped plastic bit and the side hook things. i've had them on previous backpacks but never knew what they did.

that's disappointing, they should be moving towards perfection- not getting farther away from it.. especially with the name of their new season. maybe i'll have to look for an earlier bag then... want to give me yours bish? haha.

oh random questions, what is the diamond shaped bit used for? and the side elastic clips? i had them on previous backpacks but never knew what their function was

^^ Pretty damn sure they haven't used Cordovan leather yet, but as far as a beautiful thick leather, the Duck Boot is unbelievably tough. I have been wearing them non-stop for the past 3 months and walked half of Japan in them, there is still not one crease on the toecap; they are also very comfortable. Then again, the Serra Hikers are thick as shit as well, but hard to pull off.

Never a fan of the shell toes on duck hunting shoes, so that's out for me.

I'm just looking for a sturdy, english-style boots for winter with a rubber sole. looks like the 7 hole Masterpiece will do the trick. Tired of my fox hunting boots from aldo, which seem to give me feet tiredness.

---

Does anyone know anything about those rabbits in the backpack magazine spread? I got one similar as a present for someone when I was in Kyoto last year, and was wondering if they are just a traditional thing or if the one I bought was related in any way.

• 1 month later...

Not a fan of Visvim (I'm not here to hate don't worry) but I definitely dig nice looking catalogues and this one looks really good. If somebody feels like making a bigger scan of some of the cooler pages I'd appreciate it.