What do you do after breaking denim in

Guest Methimphibian

Guest Methimphibian

Like I notice people will post pics of their jeans with 6 months of wear and be so happy about it and so on, What do you guys do like after that 6 months of wear? Do you just keep wearing them and then in another 6 months wash them? or Do you restart the process?

Cheers

I usually start eating my jeans after being broken in. Then as I wear my new raw jeans, I start wiping my doody from my broken in jeans that I've been eating onto the raw. The color falling just becomes more and more beautiful. I then just do the same with that pair, etc..etc..etc.. until I have the most beautiful jeans in the entire world.

Besides, Meth, do you work for Nudie or something and market research this site? There have been lots of new people here and I'm beginning to think brands are hiring people to play on these sites for their own good. Of course if you were doing this or anyone else, would you actually admit it??

Guest Fade to Black

haha ClintyClint the first paragraph of your post was hilarious, perfect execution and timing. I especially commend you for the strategic use of the word 'beautiful'

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Fades, please dont encourage....

Anyways, i find 6 months and a wash is just a start

if you want a really broken in pair.

1-2 years, several washes.

Just my take.

--- Original message by BumbaClot on Mar 15, 2006 11:41 PM

haha it's just i use that word in similar context sometimes...if i'm on the golf course and hit a nice shot I would sometimes say out loud "that shot was like beautiful Hedi Slimane jeans"

and to answer the original question, the only pair of raw jeans I've worn extensively are my Diors and as you can see from the WDYWT thread there's not much progress going on even after a year of wear/several washes. I just keep wearin them now as much as possible and i try to go long without washing, basically i wear until it gets to the point where washing it is the only thing on my mind (no, they're not dirty i just want to see if they'll hige after i wash it when it's all creased and shit LOL)

Edited by Fade to Black on Mar 16, 2006 at 02:29 AM

Jeans usually doesn't stay in my collection for more than 8mos. Weird...either I lose weight or I find a better looking cut. So I sell them... which sucks 'cause I really want to keep them and wear them forever. But that's just me. I'm on my 3rd pair of raw jeans.. after 6 months of wearing the raw, I find that I don't like how it has stretched. Hopefully this one I'm breaking in will be the perfect jeans after 6 months.

I will typically buy an unwashed pair of jeans and wear them for a few months and wash them, then I buy a new pair of unwashed jeans and wear them. The old pair I rotate in for about 2 days a week until I get sick of them..

I climb the stairs to the top of my tower, ring the bells, and the whole village celebrates.

I currently have 3 pairs of raw denim - one over a year old, with about 3 solid months of wear, and two newer pairs. One pair, I wash whenever they need it. One pair, I'll wash right on the "magic" six month mark, and the last pair, I'm going to leave unwashed, even after six months, until they actually must be washed - like if I roll down a muddy hill in them.

Fun experiment.