Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

Yeah I'm an idiot, these are definitely indigo. It really shows now that I've pretty much lived in them for the last week, but they were so dark when I got them and the store had them tagged as 'BLACK' that, well, I just assumed.

I think I might be ordering that reversible sweater today as well, I like it.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's pictures, as promised. The denim is dry, unwashed, non selvedge, and it is stretch.

ironarmy02.jpg

ironarmy03.jpg

ironarmy04.jpg

ironarmy05.jpg

ironarmy06.jpg

ironarmy07.jpg

ironarmy08.jpg

ironarmy09.jpg

ironarmy10.jpg

ironarmy11.jpg

http://www.tragicbliss.com

So, then these are really just a dark indigo?

And these Raw Hirioito's from Barney's aren't really black?

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=607850&source=cart

They still look good to me! Time to order.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys. im a new poster here and i've got some questions about iron army jeans. i've actually mailed the iron army online store but never got a reply. so i decided to come here for some help.

1) Whats the difference between a Hiro and Sebastian? They both feature straightlegs and look pretty much the same on the model.

2) What is the difference between Raw, Rinsed and Washed (shade wise rinsed and washed look the same)? (This might sound dumb) But i'm quite confused by the fact that they all feature 'memory denim'. I'm guessing these serve to 'remember' your honey combs/whiskers and fade accordingly just like any other dry denim?

3) Sizing - I'm usually a 28-29 in a nudie Slim Jim, so do these run similar or are they larger?

hi guys. im a new poster here and i've got some questions about iron army jeans. i've actually mailed the iron army online store but never got a reply. so i decided to come here for some help.

1) Whats the difference between a Hiro and Sebastian? They both feature straightlegs and look pretty much the same on the model.

2) What is the difference between Raw, Rinsed and Washed (shade wise rinsed and washed look the same)? (This might sound dumb) But i'm quite confused by the fact that they all feature 'memory denim'. I'm guessing these serve to 'remember' your honey combs/whiskers and fade accordingly just like any other dry denim?

3) Sizing - I'm usually a 28-29 in a nudie Slim Jim, so do these run similar or are they larger?

Stab at your questions..

1. The only difference between Hiro's and Sebastian's are the color ie Hiro's are black with white stitching and the Sebastians are dark indigo with yellow(?)/orange stitching. Other than that the fit is the same between the two - slim, straight leg

2. Raw, Rinsed, and Washed are exactly what they are - just varying degrees (from dry to washed) of how much the denim has been washed with the indigo/dye bled out. I think the memory denim accounts for the ability of the denim to "stretch" that's all - perhaps that it'll last longer to conventional denim.

3. At least from my experience they do run pretty small. I am normally a size 31-32 but I sized up one. The thighs were awefully tight.

Hope this helps.

Stab at your questions..

1. The only difference between Hiro's and Sebastian's are the color ie Hiro's are black with white stitching and the Sebastians are dark indigo with yellow(?)/orange stitching. Other than that the fit is the same between the two - slim, straight leg

2. Raw, Rinsed, and Washed are exactly what they are - just varying degrees (from dry to washed) of how much the denim has been washed with the indigo/dye bled out. I think the memory denim accounts for the ability of the denim to "stretch" that's all - perhaps that it'll last longer to conventional denim.

3. At least from my experience they do run pretty small. I am normally a size 31-32 but I sized up one. The thighs were awefully tight.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. Was a great help.

Just to clarify. The RINSE finish, is basically something like a ONE-WASH jean?

• 3 weeks later...

How do you guys size on your iron army jeans? I read that they fit a little bit tight, true waist size, and someone i talked to that has them said i should size down because his stretched a lot.

This will be my first pair of raw denim so I'm just trying to figure out how much they stretch.

Thanks

funny this thread got bumped today. i put on my hiro itos after not wearing them for 3 months and when i looked down, i fell in love all over again. they are going abck into rotation. although i think another month of serious wear will blow them into smithereens. it will be a glorisous end to an amazing pair of pants.

• 4 weeks later...
How do you guys size on your iron army jeans? I read that they fit a little bit tight, true waist size, and someone i talked to that has them said i should size down because his stretched a lot.

This will be my first pair of raw denim so I'm just trying to figure out how much they stretch.

Thanks

I have a pair of washed and a pair of raw. Sized up one for both. Washed fit fine but Raw I'd buy true to size or one down depending on how tight you want them.

it seems that the highly anticipated 777 project is being updated on their iron army site. (it should be up soon!!)

i totally missed out on a barneys sale hiro's straight for 99 dollars with size 31.. ugh.. so now i have to settle for like sebastians for 110 dollar on their main site.

i think this has been answered but the diff between sebastians and hiros is that their color is different and the amount of washing that has been done right? (not to mention different color stitching)

anyways they have hiro straight washed / raw for 99 dollars size 32+ go get em while they're on sale!

btw, does anyone know any small botiques that carry iron armies in the 714/ OC area?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what you're talking about, maybe you got an off pair or you sized poorly because my jeans are holding up excellently after 3.5 months. Lots of wear from me, some decent fading, some scuffs from mandatory wiping out in the snow because I'm a clutz.

Took the stitching off the back pocket looks great. They're turning out to be great, especially considering I paid 70 bucks for them.

One quick question:

In the IA store, Toshiro Straight Leg Raws have "Deep Indigo denim" and Toshiro Skinny Raws have "Brown denim" There seems to be a slight difference in the color of the denims, but the skinny sure doesn't look "brown" to me. Was this is a mistake or are the skinny's truly brown and the straight's deep indigo?

Looking to get a pair of one or the other in the next few days, and trying to make a decision between the two. Thanks! :D

One quick question:

In the IA store, Toshiro Straight Leg Raws have "Deep Indigo denim" and Toshiro Skinny Raws have "Brown denim" There seems to be a slight difference in the color of the denims, but the skinny sure doesn't look "brown" to me. Was this is a mistake or are the skinny's truly brown and the straight's deep indigo?

Looking to get a pair of one or the other in the next few days, and trying to make a decision between the two. Thanks! :D

From what I understand (and before they added all those fancy skinny fits a while back), the Toshiro is the brown stretch denim.

Edit: I just checked the site. The "deep-indigo" description for the straight leg should be a mistake.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to get a pair of IA's over the weekend. I enlisted start of january for the army and just got released and to my horror it seems that the IA online store has been shut down.

I tried context and a few other sites but no one seems to carry a decent range of IA denim. I live in Singapore, so does anyone know how to get IA's shipped internationally?

i went down to the lawn. they only have 3 styles for the ladies and its 298 sgd. some of the styles are old and were already on sale at 110usd or 210 sgd at the online shop. but now its gone..

does queens coutre have a good selection of them? didn realize they sold ia's