Lee jacket and two Levi's jackets.

headtowall

Anyone have any insight to how old these are?

The Lee one I just picked up today at a vintage store. It was labeled as from the 60s, but I'm not certain that's the case. At any rate, it seems to be dry and deadstock. Good find?

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1412.jpg

HPIM1415.jpg

I'm not good with cameras so didn't get a good pic of the tag, but it says:

Lee r m.r

SANFORDIZED

PATD-153438

UNION MADE IN U.S.A.

This one was from a Goodwill. Both Levi's jackets are small e.

HPIM1416.jpg

HPIM1418.jpg

HPIM1419.jpg

This jacket belonged to my dad. I think he had it during the 70s. Found it randomly at his house. I don't think the pictures really do this one justice. It has pretty good wear on it.

HPIM1420.jpg

HPIM1421.jpg

HPIM1422.jpg

Very nice Lee jacket. Very probably late 60s - it has a gold border around the tag, yes, with no red? They aren't the very oldest, but they more or less correspond the the Big E Levi's. They're sometimes pricey - up to $100 - but because they're not as celebrated as the 557 you can often find them for less. Which makes them a bargain, as they're a nicer jacket, and one in fairly unwashed condition, like yours, is a real find.

The Levi's ones look nice, but they're not particularly old.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lee posted here doesn't have to necessarily correspond to big E era jackets. Is there a size written on the tag in the neck? If so, it's pre-1971, if not, it can be a late 70's, as they stopped printing the size on the tags in 1971. In the 80's they used Gold lettered tags instead of the traditional yellow.

Cheers,

manis

whatever..

Yeah, I started wearing it. It's a little bigger than I'd like, but looks pretty good and is in fact breaking in well.

Regarding size on the neck, it looks like they're may have been a white tag under the Lee one that was ripped off. Unless that was it, there's no size information.

• 1 month later...

I found a vintage deadstock (unwashed) Lee jacket today----------$25, and the fit is PERFECT!!!

Real tight around the chest w/ long ass arms----my size!

Huzzah!

BTW----the jacket i got is tres dusty/dirty from storage. did you dryclean yrs H2W? i hate to wash a deadstock jacket right off the bat. i don't know what to do :(

PS: I also scored a pre-1960 sweatshirt in brand new, unwashed condition----v-stitching, long ribbing. but it is fuschia/pink. :\

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 21, 2006 at 03:02 PM