bondage pants. thoughts?

heh heh.

i always kinda liked them, i guess, alot of it has to do with being heavily involved in the punk scene when i was younger. the straps at the back can be removed.. and in a plain colour, i always wondered, if paired with a nice shirt, could be rather pretty.

punk me, bitch.

edit: oh yeah, vivienne westwood has some pretty nice pants, toned down, but still considered bondage pants i guess.... any thoughts on the mclaren/westwood/seditionaries productions?

Edited by backinthetrees on Mar 13, 2006 at 01:52 PM

Quote:

heh heh.

i always kinda liked them, i guess, alot of it has to do with being heavily involved in the punk scene when i was younger. the straps at the back can be removed.. and in a plain colour, i always wondered, if paired with a nice shirt, could be rather pretty.

--- Original message by backinthetrees on Mar 13, 2006 01:50 PM

I've got similar roots and always admired the Helmut Lang take on them. I'm not sure where you can find them nowadays but it's worth looking into, they're a nice cross between designer fashion and the punk ethos.

Quote:
Quote:

heh heh.

I've got similar roots and always admired the Helmut Lang take on them. I'm not sure where you can find them nowadays but it's worth looking into, they're a nice cross between designer fashion and the punk ethos.

--- Original message by verb on Mar 13, 2006 02:02 PM

nice to hear bro.

damn, is there a helmut lang take? i quite like the westwood ones, but i feel that the cut isnt true to the roots somehow. you know, that really skinny, tapered thing?

anyone got a pic of the HLs?

punk me, bitch.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

heh heh.

--- Original message by verb on Mar 13, 2006 02:02 PM

nice to hear bro.

damn, is there a helmut lang take? i quite like the westwood ones, but i feel that the cut isnt true to the roots somehow. you know, that really skinny, tapered thing?

anyone got a pic of the HLs?

--- Original message by backinthetrees on Mar 13, 2006 02:06 PM

id say v. westwood would be the most true to the roots, since she designed the clothes for the sex pistols, and started "Punk" as a clothing style. the sex pistols were named after the shop that she and malcom mclaren owned named "sex." really, before her it was just the NY style, which was whatever you wore.

denim is the new crack

I used to have a pair "back in the day", mine were black with red straps, and they weren't skinny at all, in fact that was my main complaint with them. I don't remember what brand they were, nothing special I'm sure since I didn't have much money then.

Avengers! Dils! Mutants! LouderFasterShorter!

ask a cassowary

A person well-versed in punk would be able to carry them off, but other than that, it would sure look like the wearer was trying too hard to look "fashion-y"

Think Sid Vicious.

Edited by DJ_Flame on Mar 13, 2006 at 03:26 PM

Quote:

I used to have a pair "back in the day", mine were black with red straps, and they weren't skinny at all, in fact that was my main complaint with them. I don't remember what brand they were, nothing special I'm sure since I didn't have much money then.

--- Original message by tangerine on Mar 13, 2006 02:54 PM

good to know you know the roots, tang ;) I saw you sporting an avengers shirt (if i recall correctly) on tfs and wondered whether or not it was just an impulse buy at a vintage shop icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by tangerine on Mar 13, 2006 02:54 PM

good to know you know the roots, tang ;) I saw you sporting an avengers shirt (if i recall correctly) on tfs and wondered whether or not it was just an impulse buy at a vintage shop icon_smile_cool.gif

--- Original message by verb on Mar 13, 2006 05:22 PM

Heh, I bought that Avengers shirt at their show at Cafe du Nord, I think in late January this year. Penelope is still All That!

I used to see them every chance I got, way back... are you a veteran of the Mab shows?

ask a cassowary

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Just stich up a pair of levis instead of looking like a dumbass wearing those pants.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

baahhh bondage pants

its always for this kids who want everyone to know that they are PUNK RAWWKKK. so they write all over themselves adn wear shitty shirts from hot topic that have those stupid fucking slogans on it like "you say psycho like its a bad thing". and they wear thick necklaces and unnecessary sweat bands.

no

chwa?