RRDS at 11.5 weeks - if you care! (Big images inside)

Telix

wait a lot longer. i'd wear it 3 times as long as you have now. you want to make sure you have lots of wear so there is some contrast. if you wash them too soon they will loose color uniformly and they'll just look lighter, no actual 'fade' or color difference.

be patient, your jeans will come out a lot nicer. nice, dark jeans look nice and clean anyways.

I'm aware of how to wear in dry denim. I'm not wearing them for nine months, though. The issue is that I am losing weight and the jeans are starting to get quite baggy. I want to wash them to hopefully shrink them up a bit.

I agree with you that dark jeans look nice! I don't want to wash them for any other reason than the size issue. :(

Quote: I'm aware of how to wear in dry denim. I'm not wearing them for nine months, though. The issue is that I am losing weight and the jeans are starting to get quite baggy. I want to wash them to hopefully shrink them up a bit.

They won't shrink at all really. They'll just shrink back to their original size, then stretch out again in a week or two.

Hello everyone - I just signed up to be able to reply to this... I had a similar issue with my bootcut olas.

I felt that they were to loose for my taste after a while (2-something months). At first I just put them in the drier without washing them. It works for a while, but pretty soon they stretch back.

So I threw them in the wash at 60 degrees C and then I tumbled them hot twice in a row. The first tumbling (!? pardon my english skills) made them dry, and the second tubmle was in an extra effort to shrink them. That they did. They were pretty snug at first but they stretched out allright and now they are exactly as I wanted them, and a fair guess (I haven't measured them) is that they shrunk from a L34 to a L32 and perhaps from W31 to W29,5-30. They don't stretch out from this, this is where they're at now.

This was kinda in reply to the ones saying that there's no use in shrinking them because they'll flex back... hope it helps!