Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause your ass is over the border. Do you get hit with customs fees for this stuff? At least your dollar is worth the same amount nowadays.

Sometimes I get stuck with paying duty, but not always. Its usually another $20-30 tho.

Ya....thank god $$$ is almost on-par these days...$320 for another pair of jeans...*sigh*

Is there an expected ship date yet.

here you go gimmegimme~

"Only one roll of this dead stock fabric is available so the limited amount will be determined by the sizes that are pre-ordered. More orders for smaller sizes means more total pieces while more orders for larger sizes means less can be produced."

and

"Pre-ordering begins on October 12 2007 and will end once the roll has been used up to its maximum capacity."

so i guess the faster we order, the faster they come ...

Just got sz 33 710's in. This is going to work a lot better. They are 34 though, not 35. I will post true pre measurements of this cut as well as post wash measurements. The wash I guess will be what was suggested earlier. A wash followed by a soak and ending in the dryer.

Sometimes I get stuck with paying duty, but not always. Its usually another $20-30 tho.

Ya....thank god $$$ is almost on-par these days...$320 for another pair of jeans...*sigh*

Well shit, I was about to buy the Jins when these hit. Hope the wait time isn't too long.

edit: Hmmm, maybe I should call them and get the Jins. Been thinking about those. Ya know . . . having only 1 pair of jeans I'm really working on is probably good.

edit2: This isn't the texas denim xx denim is it? Cause those S0310xxs should take care of that.

Come on guys, order up those size 40s, I wanna see these get made!

I noticed my washer, when doing a hot wash, drains the hot water at one point, and refills with a warm maybe cold water before doing the spin. Can the hot to cold temperature difference create any super shrinking of the denim or anything along those lines that may crush my heart? How long do you guys put it in the dryer for?

I'm still looking for something to use to hold my jeans donw in the house. Any suggestions?

I noticed my washer, when doing a hot wash, drains the hot water at one point, and refills with a warm maybe cold water before doing the spin. Can the hot to cold temperature difference create any super shrinking of the denim or anything along those lines that may crush my heart? How long do you guys put it in the dryer for?

I'm still looking for something to use to hold my jeans donw in the house. Any suggestions?

I assume your goal is to get all the shrinkage out at first. I do a hot wash, put the jeans in the freezer, then do a hot dry. Never had any shrinkage after the first wash.

Well shit, I was about to buy the Jins when these hit. Hope the wait time isn't too long.

edit: Hmmm, maybe I should call them and get the Jins. Been thinking about those. Ya know . . . having only 1 pair of jeans I'm really working on is probably good.

edit2: This isn't the texas denim xx denim is it? Cause those S0310xxs should take care of that.

Come on guys, order up those size 40s, I wanna see these get made!

No, not texas cotton.

You need Jins and these...maybe get a Jin jacket and these. Problem solved. :D

Take a deep breath and stop over-analyzing. ;) Just throw them in the washer...then if you want, in the dryer...until they're dry.

I assume your goal is to get all the shrinkage out at first. I do a hot wash, put the jeans in the freezer, then do a hot dry. Never had any shrinkage after the first wash.

I'll have to pass on the freezer. Too much food in there.

How does 2 hr soak, 1 hot wash, and dryer till dry sound?

I'm I'm not!! Rome1 just mentioned he does soak and wash. so i was thinking about that..

I soak mine in a rubbermaid bin...then I put another rubbermaid bin overtop to hold them down....after an hour or so, throw them in the wash on hot, no spin cycle, and inside out. If at that point you want them to be dry, throw them in the dryer.

I soak mine in a rubbermaid bin...then I put another rubbermaid bin overtop to hold them down....after an hour or so, throw them in the wash on hot, no spin cycle, and inside out. If at that point you want them to be dry, throw them in the dryer.

What i was mentioning earlier was that before the spin cycle the wash dumps the water out and adds cold water... might that do anything? How come you avoid the spin cycle?

HAHA trust me im calm man. This is the second pair. I lost 80 bucks and sold the other ones to my friend for 220. They were way too tight. I know fora fact these will be good. I just wanted to get as much inseam shrinkage out of the way. I don't want to deal with that honeycomb up the thigh crap later on

I can see the dryer possibly creating creases like the spin cycle though