super hard levis from the 90s?

I uess it was the mid/late 90s when I remember the ad campaign. They would advertise the Levis as "hard as steel" or something to that affect. like if you dropped them they were like sheets of steel shaped like jeans. also I remember an ad of some guy taking off or putting on the jeans and he got scraped by them. Maybe someone remembers what I'm talking about. Can you still get those jeans anywhere? ( i doubt it but it's worth a try )

i got hip hop hangin in head heavy

I had these in college-----I would guess it was 97 or 98. I wore them into the ground to the point that I had forgotten they had started out dry. I can't remember what happened to them.....

rosebud

forget what they were called. good luck. post your findings. you've got me all nostalgic. will look for old pics of them, maybe scan them.....

doubtful

i remember the advertising campaign. hard jeans i believe they called them. they came in a loose fit and a more traditional fit according to the levi's store. i tracked them down but ended up not liking the way they fit me. i tried looking for the commercials over at youtube.com but no luck.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

http://www.marys.tv/levis.html

ad video for the jeans....

from the search ive done they seem to be relesed as a backlash against designer jeans from the period, and a respose from europe and japan starting to wear stiff dark jeans with cuffs... hmmm... that sounds familiar... anyone here do that?

denim is the new crack