Japanese speaker needed - who made this crazy jacket?

Paul T

This is from an insane, but intriguing, article in a Japanese photo mag, which details how you can dress as your fave photographer.

Now, most of the ones they featured were frankly dressed like nerds, but Robert Capa - the dude who photoraphed the landings on Omaha and squired Ingrid Bergman - wore one tasty jacket. Any idea what the modern equivalent, being worn by 'the model', is??

http://kenshukan.net/john/archives/belikecapa.jpg

Translation: Goretax Camera-man Jacket (52,000 yen) - Consultation items (sankou shouhin)

The article states that the coordinated look was done by Mori Kazuyasu director of 'Dressterior' boutique.

Here is a list of it's stores: http://www.world.co.jp/brand/lineup/dress.html

The lettering is too blurred for me to make out what the bottom line says...

Edited by djrajio on Mar 9, 2006 at 05:11 AM

Capa was the man but the model looks like a complete dork and his gear is too new looking, plus the photographer\makeup artist\lightning dude made him look like an action figure.

Paul: this jacket does have some great potential though, if you end up getting it you'll have to roll around in mud and gravel a little to add some "Capa credibility" icon_smile.gif

Looks like a Belstaff or Barbour jacket IMO. There are older models (not the Trialmaster series) that look almost exactly like the jacket pictured, and they were also produced in tan or khaki. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure they (Belstaff) did a reproduction version as part of their "Black Prince" series which looked pretty close to the jacket pictured, only with numerous patches.