opinions on gucci denim

pojo

i bought (and still wear to death) a pair of faded grey tone jeans from 2003 or 2004 for like $240. the cut and fit are great, but the real reason i bought it was that it had this strange, floating half-hidden rivet in the back pocket. totally useless, but so nice looking.

the overall jeans quality are par for the course, like someone said, nothing spectacular for the price you are paying. but i think what makes gucci jeans unique are these simple details they put into some of their jeans, and in the end i felt these details made it all worthwhile.

i've seen a green/red striped selvedge black denim pair on this board in the past. those are very nice. i been looking for them for a while.

Edited by Ted DiBiase on Mar 4, 2006 at 06:29 PM

I uploaded some pics of my selvedge black Gucci's. A handful of other SF'ers also have this...just search for Gucci Selvedge or Gucci Selvage.

Edited by haptronic on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:05 PM

Edited by haptronic on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:07 PM

Fixed. If you want to see those pics, you can go to flickr url and do front slash photos frontslash denimnews. Like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/denimnews/

Edited by pacioli on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:23 PM

Edited by pacioli on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:24 PM

Guest Fade to Black

I haven't seen any Gucci jeans from the Tom Ford era in person...but the jeans Gucci has been releasing for the past two seasons have been solid. Raw denim was nothing special, maybe somewhat of a dressier cut, but the distressed models are nice jeans, although a bit pricey. The signature jean of s/s 06 is a subtly washed orange overdyed jean with some random creasing on the thigh, pretty good if you missed the Dior overdyes from 3 seasons ago but they cost a lot ($450).

They're not baggy. but more relaxed than I am used to. They are a bit tight around the waist. The rise from the top of the center front waistband (to crotch) is 11.5 inches. They look like one washes to me and I have no idea what shrinkage will be like after water.