Everyone,pls Help Me!! Fake Chanel J12

illkid

No need to get so worked up guys, lets just settle this in a gentlemanly manner.

I've already asked a few other forums regarding the authenticity of the watch, and should be able to update you guys in a bit. God bless you all kind souls.

Cheers.

I am not for you or anti-illkid and neither am I worked up, but I hope all your efforts prove the pics posted by illkid show a real J12 and I hope illkid lives up to his word and pay the 3 Grand to you man. From the way its going, that does not seem to be the case but nevertheless good luck man.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've gotten some feedbacks from some fine ladies from the other forum who specializes in chanel, and this is what she sent me:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/chanel-authenticity-tips-308404-2.html#post12762070

I'll just post them here:

1. The font on the bezel (numbers) is wrong. Chanel's numbers are longer, while fake ones are rounder – see Picture 1: left = authentic, right = fake

2. The picture of the back is usually a dead giveaway. Most of the screws on fakes are set really deep (submerged) while real Chanel's screws are sitting on 'top' – see Picture 2: left = authentic, right = fake

3. Next thing on the back are the circle(s). Real Chanel circles are really close to the edge of the caseback, and close to each other, while fakes are farther from the edge, and set wider apart from each other. Most fakes have 2 circles on the back and serial number in the center, regardless of the model, probably because that's how most Diamond bezel J12s look like in the back, and I guess a lot of chinese fakes with diamonds are being made. – see Picture 2: left = authentic, right = fake. Also see Picture 10 of authentic 38mm J12 watch.

4. The font of Chanel-Paris and Swiss Made-200 meters in the back is a giveway as well. Chanel font is more squeezed horizontally, while fake letters are 'taller', more vertical. – see Pictures 3,4,5: all FAKE watches

Pic 1

Picture1.jpg

Pic 2

Picture2.jpg

Pic 3

Picture3.jpg

Pic 4

Picture4.jpg

Pic 5

Picture5.jpg

5. The clasp on fake watch sometimes has only a word Chanel on it. The real ones have Chanel on top and Swiss Made, Acier at the bottom. However, some fakes do to, but the shape of the clasp on fakes is different and not as finely polished as real ones. – see Picture 6: top = authentic clasp, bottom = fake

6. On autherntic J12s, right underneath the caseback, there are always 2 black letters (GW) on ceramic band (check one of yours). On the fake watch, there are none. – see Picture 9, both authentic H0682 and H1628 33 mm watches, Picture 10 – authentic H0685 38mm and Picture 11 - authentic H1628 33mm

7. Tips that you can use only if you have a watch in your hands:

a. Turn the lights off and observe luminiscent marks on the watch. Real ones have luminiscent hour marks and hands. A lot of fakes have only luminiscent hands, not hour marks!!

b. Place your finger where crystal meets the bezel. On real ones you can't feel the 'edge', it's really smooth. On the fakes, you can feel a definite 'threshhold' between crystal and bezel. Besides, on the fakes the crystal is often 'round' or curved out, while on real ones it's really straight and smooth (that's why if you looks at the dial from the angle, on real ones you can see the numbers really well, on the fake ones the numbers are kind of curved) – see Picture 12 of fake crystal

8. On fake black J12s the date window is often white!! On real ones it's always black.– see Picture 1: left = authentic, right = fake

9. On real black J12s, with numerals on the dial, numerals and words Chanel J12 are always the same white color. On the fakes, the numerals are brighter color, than words Chanel J12.– see Picture 7: left = authentic, right = fake

10. On the bezels of real black J12 the numbers and hour marks are 'stamped in' (meaning you can feel them with your fingers, and on real white ones they are covered with some sort of glass and all bezel is smooth to touch). On the bezels of fake J12s, these numbers are not edgy, but smooth, just like on white ones – see Picture 1: left = authentic, right = fake. Also see Picture 8: both authentic black and white 33mm

Pic 6

Picture6.jpg

pic 7

Picture7.jpg

Pic 8

Picture8.jpg

Pic 9

Picture9.jpg

Pic 10

Picture10.jpg

Pic 11

Picture11.jpg

Pic 12

Picture12.jpg

Evidence 1:

The font on the bezel (numbers) is wrong. Chanel's numbers are longer, while fake ones are rounder – see Picture 1: left = authentic, right = fake

Picture1.jpg

Mine:

IMG_4991-1.jpg

The picture of the back is usually a dead giveaway. Most of the screws on fakes are set really deep (submerged) while real Chanel's screws are sitting on 'top'

Picture2.jpg

a quick recap of mine:

IMG_5533.jpg

Evidence 3:

The clasp on fake watch sometimes has only a word Chanel on it. The real ones have Chanel on top and Swiss Made, Acier at the bottom. However, some fakes do to, but the shape of the clasp on fakes is different and not as finely polished as real ones. – see Picture 6: top = authentic clasp, bottom = fake

Picture6.jpg

mine:

IMG_5535.jpg

I'm sure there are more evidences, anyone else that could find more, please do post it up here! Greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

I've always believed in one thing, that "the truth shall set you free". Guess it works in this particular scenario.

Now, here comes the final part, which can be a bit tricky. Even though a few of the members here find it hard to believe that illkid is gonna cough up the $3K CAD, I still have faith that he's gonna keep his word and end of the bargain.

So illkid, I've done my research and have provided the evidences here, unless you have something else that's still bothering you or that you are not certain with, please PM me and I'll let you know my paypal address.

Peace and God bless you all :)

But your watch has wide apart circles, which are evidence for a fake! HA GOTCHA.

I just think these comparison pictures are worthless, there is so many different types of fakes. Also, it always says "Many fake J12s have ...", "Some ..." etc. not really convincing.

Also, I think you shouldn't insist (i.e. bring it up on each and every possible occasion) on him paying you 3k. Just let it go. If he's in the wrong, he's learnt his lesson.

My 2 cents.

i already said it. the manger ask me to send it to HK. btw, the certification is no longer a paper card right now.

venusfly

The World My Oyster

Probably not. Chanel got tired of people coming in with bags bought off ebay looking to have them aunthenticated and now refuses to authenticate bags (or so many people have said) I doubt Chanel would be any more thrilled to authenticate watches bought off ebay.

(http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/would-chanel-boutique-authenticate-their-watches-493714.html)

simply state that you dropped 3000 big ones on the watch. and wear a business suit. no one will dare deny service to a man in a nice suit.

Firstly, let me say that it wasn't my idea in the first place stating that he should shell out 3 grand if the watch is authentic, it was his idea.

And secondly, please base your thesis on some pics or evidence. You can't just comment on something without anything legit to back you up, it just makes you sound like a fool.

Thanks for your "2 cents".

But your watch has wide apart circles, which are evidence for a fake! HA GOTCHA.

I just think these comparison pictures are worthless, there is so many different types of fakes. Also, it always says "Many fake J12s have ...", "Some ..." etc. not really convincing.

Also, I think you shouldn't insist (i.e. bring it up on each and every possible occasion) on him paying you 3k. Just let it go. If he's in the wrong, he's learnt his lesson.

My 2 cents.

My 2 cents.

Well ilkid was the one who called out Ken with his (lack of) evidence that the J12 is a fake. He wanted Ken to prove it is real, which is very difficult for Ken to do since the watch ihas been with illkid for a year.

Despite him going about it in a half assed and ass backwards manner, it was illkid who after smearing Ken, was willing to pay 3k to Ken and it was not Ken who demanded the money.

So, yes. Illkid should put up the money. Although why didn't Illkid go and do his homework like going to a few watch forums like Ken did, is something only Illkid would know.

All in all, the 3 k is a life lesson taught to Illkid no school can teach him. Pity Illkid doesnt' seem like he is gonna pay the 3 k now.

I just think these comparison pictures are worthless, there is so many different types of fakes.

My 2 cents.

iirc the mens size has the double rings. only the female sizes has the single ring on the caseback.

the clasp, date window and caseback screws is enough to determine that ken's j12 is legit.

there are two types of fakes, ones that are very obvious and ones that are pretty accurate but easily seen through if you know what to look for.

My 2 cents.

I certainly don't think it's fake. Wow you really gotta be careful on here dropping a line.

Wow, such a contradictory remark in less than 24 hour time span.

I don't know if you are tryin to help, tryin to add more problem to the situation, or are just a damn fool who's lookin for some attention.

But yeah, its a man's reputation that's on the line here, of course you gotta be careful and think before you say something. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean that you can just act like a fool and expect everyone to play along with you.

Wow, such a contradictory remark in less than 24 hour time span.

I don't know if you are tryin to help, tryin to add more problem to the situation, or are just a damn fool who's lookin for some attention.

But yeah, its a man's reputation that's on the line here, of course you gotta be careful and think before you say something. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean that you can just act like a fool and expect everyone to play along with you.

Think he is really a kid since he is still schooling.

But how does a kid afford a J12? Even used?

Anyway as mentioned before, its clear the kid aint know what he is doing and the fact is, there is nothing you can say to him that will justify him paying you the 3 k.

He could have spent 10% of the 3 k and get it authenticated and then move from there. Instead he will waste 3 k to learn a life lesson. Although looks like he probably won't pay you a dime now.

Think he is really a kid since he is still schooling.

But how does a kid afford a J12? Even used?

Anyway as mentioned before, its clear the kid aint know what he is doing and the fact is, there is nothing you can say to him that will justify him paying you the 3 k.

He could have spent 10% of the 3 k and get it authenticated and then move from there. Instead he will waste 3 k to learn a life lesson. Although looks like he probably won't pay you a dime now.

Hes a loaded high skool kid. Money is no problem to him, to him this is just a game, and he's willing to cough it up if I could provide the evidences.

I'll give him a couple of days to respond and come up with the dough. I have faith in him.:o

Hes a loaded high skool kid. Money is no problem to him, to him this is just a game, and he's willing to cough it up if I could provide the evidences.

I'll give him a couple of days to respond and come up with the dough. I have faith in him.:o

Dude,

1. I think he won't chicken out. He probably will turn up. Maybe he got his exams or he is taking your posts and waiting to convince a potential buyer the J12 is real.

2. Re-looking at his first post, illkid seems to be saying he will pay you 3 G if he is lying.

What he did in his first post is recount what has happened and his various speculations and presumptions that the J12 is fake. Even if he says he believes in Chupacabra and UFOs, but he can’t prove it or Chupacabra and UFOs don’t exist in real life, it doesn’t mean he is lying. Which means even if you get Coco Chanel to say the J12 is real, he wont pay you a single cent!

I dunno man, you have a point there, but nevertheless, as he said before, english isn't his first language, so you might misunderstood of the stuff he said earlier.

I still have faith that he's not bullshittin bout coughin up the 3Gs. He sounds like a stand up guy who will keep his word, if he has the cash, that is.

But I won't force him to cough it up, cause its not in my character to kick a man while he's down. So I guess the ball is in his court now.

My 2 cents.

yes. fake also can meet those characteristics. and what KEN show in the pic is low quality fake.

Well ilkid was the one who called out Ken with his (lack of) evidence that the J12 is a fake. He wanted Ken to prove it is real, which is very difficult for Ken to do since the watch ihas been with illkid for a year.

Despite him going about it in a half assed and ass backwards manner, it was illkid who after smearing Ken, was willing to pay 3k to Ken and it was not Ken who demanded the money.

So, yes. Illkid should put up the money. Although why didn't Illkid go and do his homework like going to a few watch forums like Ken did, is something only Illkid would know.

All in all, the 3 k is a life lesson taught to Illkid no school can teach him. Pity Illkid doesnt' seem like he is gonna pay the 3 k now.

i will do it. i m going to put it on watch forum. ok?

I dunno man, you have a point there, but nevertheless, as he said before, english isn't his first language, so you might misunderstood of the stuff he said earlier.

I still have faith that he's not bullshittin bout coughin up the 3Gs. He sounds like a stand up guy who will keep his word, if he has the cash, that is.

But I won't force him to cough it up, cause its not in my character to kick a man while he's down. So I guess the ball is in his court now.

Well, despite his poor English, there has been a meeting of the minds. All of us here got the impression illkid will pay the 3 Gs if you prove to him you sold a legit J12. That was what many of us were telling illkid and he never denied it. But Illkid now seems to be balking at paying you the 3 Gs.