hem of wash first?

Luca5446

I've been checking out all the great advise for months know, this is a great place to read and post...well this might be a stupid question....

I just got a pair of earnest sewn hemmingways and thier way too long (or I'm just short) but either way they well need to be hemed so should I wash them first or get them hemed with allitle extra length?

thanks

Quote:

I've been checking out all the great advise for months know, this is a great place to read and post...well this might be a stupid question....

I just got a pair of earnest sewn hemmingways and thier way too long (or I'm just short) but either way they well need to be hemed so should I wash them first or get them hemed with allitle extra length?

thanks

--- Original message by Luca5446 on Feb 19, 2006 09:33 AM

Sorry, I'm not up on Earnest Sewn stuff, but are theses Dry?

Anyways, if their unwashed they're definitely going to shrink a considerable amount, like tg76 said, you're going to have to take that into account.

Now there's no real way to tell how much the jeans will shrink so don't go overboard with the hemming. Too much and you'll be ready for the flood upon washing them. Too little and you can always re-hem them.