denim for skating

350poundhotcakes

^thanks for the heads up man. im just starting out skating, so i need to know what kind of damage is going to be done to my jeans. i think im gonna pick up some knee pads and wrist guards, and probably a full face helmet just to be safe.

i am fully aware as to what skating does to jeans...ive been doing it for over 10 years now.

BALDERDASH.

Quote: ^thanks for the heads up man. im just starting out skating, so i need to know what kind of damage is going to be done to my jeans. i think im gonna pick up some knee pads and wrist guards, and probably a full face helmet just to be safe.

Nah dude, chill on the pads. Only use them if you goto a park that requires them. A major part of skating is getting scars and getting your face fucked and bloodied up.

black barts are the best imo, just the right amound of leg room, lots of crotch room, straight leg. the best washes are the 65s or 70s wash. 72s wash has spandex in it. dirt wash is crap. the new vintage wash sucks. try to find old black barts on ebay if u want vintage wash. i have yet to try any of them in the do-it-yourself raw denim.

just skate in whatever jeans you feel comfortable in. I skate in my nudies and my apc's just make sure that the crotch isnt too low or it may teat from abrasion. I would say go with a pair of slim jims/kims if thats your style, and if its not cop some 501.s....it really doesnt matter

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

i dunno if u would want to skate in them, but krew's premium jeans are pretty good. the K751s have a super low rise, like 10 inches, which i dont like. i get a pants boner with em. not a very good waist fit somehow. and theyre not as relaxed as they are stated to be. more of a regular fit. but theyre good quality japanese denim. the K790s are awesome, italian slub denim in a cool streaky blue oil wash, and the rise is low but not ridiculously so.

kixslf...im glad to hear you dont change your jeans when you go skate. i like expensive denim, i like skating. i always have my shoes and skateboard in my car, so i dont feel like changing jeans when i find a cool spot if im just driving around. thats the point...get jeans i can wear all the time, but i can wear to skate too.

what have you found to be good for skating? i managed to rip the crotch on some older edwins on a backlip...ripped clean open as i was sliding haha. so what do you reccommend for something that might hold up better to movement/has a bit of a stretch to it? like i said, i want something to wear, not something to skate in exclusively, so fuck all these people telling me to change jeans when i want to skateboard.

BALDERDASH.

• 7 months later...