K-pop Appreciation

hmm favourite performances of all time? i'll do a couple (in no particular order)

SNSD - Genie @ Inkigayo

army outfits performance with face paint.. all of them look great here.. even hyoyeon is passable

x9WmkoRKOMQ

Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra @ Music Bank

comeback stage.. summer 09 was k-party streamsies summer for some of us so these are the ones i remember the most. the quality of abracadabra performances is measured in 2 ways

first: ga-in's solo.. ASS RAISE OR JACKET DROP? unfortunately i could not find the performance where she did BOTH and we all died.. but no doubt ga-in is one of the best shbzs in the biz

second: how insanely bright miryo's glasses are. bright glasses are bright.

471iZi7sa94

Rainbow - A @ Music Core

#

kaitrus

1 month ago 59

they need to be performing this in the water fountain

LAIUNSTH9HI

Outsider ft. K Will - Loner @ Music Core

this shit was sick. outsider's a beast and props to k will for learning how to rap this song lol

5Ek1uNfZJSE

1-jfEeCnwp4

comeback stage.. summer 09 was k-party streamsies summer for some of us so these are the ones i remember the most. the quality of abracadabra performances is measured in 2 ways

those were some good times!

this isnt so much my fav performance as it is my fav song, most played on my itunes (400 something) and it also has alot of sentimental value to it

j62WDyovtwA

this song got me into kpop. my friend was super excited to introduce me to kpop and he succeeded. and he also gave us another thing to argue about, tae vs sunny.

FFBF3fddr5Q

one of my fav japanese songs turned korean! and i just love younha. this is the first time i saw her dressed up and made up the korean way, as opposed to the japanese way, and she does both well! (think cute as opposed to sexy/beautiful)

Lnh--SnF3i8

i like special stage, or featuring performances. too many to post, will just pick a few

seven's digital bounce comeback stage ft. TOP

EDmI3tdm-3A

cn blue + seohyun special stage RDR + love light

Atg7cGqVDo8

shinee' lucifer they should win the MAMA10 best group dance performance

0BRGnP8eWuM

taeyang's i'll be there and this should win the best solo dance performance

IOzsaRKrc18

GD's this love + but i love you LIVE

FcOevhjHhGk

talented GD's DJ-ING + this love definitely one of the best acts in kpop imo

bDVtiyVGYm8

GD's but i love you LIVE

LjiLhH7sW7s

AND ALL OF SNSD'S PERFORMANCES :D

and vote on MAMA10 webby http://mama.mnet.com/2010/en/AwardVote/AwardVote.asp (you need to register to vote)

ytSgT8Lt3SI

fuqq a 2ne1

re: ke1

kpop is mainly about the image or the lulz.

i do objectively enjoy korean r&b and not idol pop stuff regardless of image.

i concede that snsd can't sing and the ones that can have to sing poorly made songs, etc. i am probably one of the biggest kpop haters in this thread too. lolz

As a Korean myself, I understand how heavily dependent Korean entertainment is on image; I was just curious as to why the people in this thread seemed to enjoy it.

I'm not a kpop hater by any means, I enjoy r&b like old school G.O.D., but I just can't get behind this new shit that's 90% generated by computer.

On topic though, this is hands down, one of the best/saddest songs ever, regardless of genre or language.

0P2tpZgndHU

My interest in kpop can be divided into 80% image, and 15% music (providing it is relatively catchy). The other 5% is my interest (or fetish rather) in adrogynous asian boys and sassy asian girls, but I think this can be tied into that image percentage; making it a good 85%.

(0)

this.

more so shbz than andro boys tho