Belts with denim...

Analyst

This may be slightly off topic, but does any one know where to find a great belt to go with denim...No obnoxious buckles or studs but just a burly belt that can be broken in and last a while....thanks!

I'm looking for the same thing, a nice brown leather belt that I can wear in together with my jeans. I had a link to a site where you could custom make your own belt, like choose buckle, color and texture, width etc but I lost it. I think I got it from here so maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Personally, I like web belts. You know, those army belts. They come in quite a bit of colors and I think they look good on jeans if you're being casual. [Plus] after a while they get worn and frayed around the belt buckle area and that can look great with worn in jeans and a pair of worn shoes.

Army Surplus are great for web or other cotton belts I have a great wide d-ring belt that I wear almost every day. For leather belts though; if you are looking for a good quality, no-frills leather belt that you can break in and make your own, I'd check out work clothes companies, I know Carhartt has decent ones but, check out Sorel and Dickies too. Or, if you want something a little more "stylish," Nordstrom has BAD Belts...dumb name but they are pretty good looking belts, or Volcom has a distressed leather belt. It's really all about what floats your boat. Nothing beats some good, ol' fashioned internetting to find what you like...

kyle

P.S. just checked out the belts on the coach site. that 1.5" roller buckle jeans belt is a great example of beauty through simplicity, good call Botch (reference to the band?)...

I second the BAD belts from Nordstrom, I have several and they are good-looking and not too expensive.

Diesel and G-Star also put out a lot of belts that look great with jeans. Some of them are quite simple and classic-looking (unlike most of their over-branded, over-logoed clothing.)

ask a cassowary

I like Baltazar belts, but they are studded. In decreasing price, Engineered Garments and John Varvatos both make belts that are pretty stylish but simple. Varvatos belts can often be found cheap at Scoopnyc.com or on Bluefly. www.virtualclotheshorse.com (a reseller) usually has some simple but cool belts by Claudio Orciani as well that work well with jeans.

Guest Fade to Black

Y's by Yohji Yamamoto has some SICK leather belts with minimal design...top notch leather, even the unisex belts are leaning more towards the masculine end of things.

The belt I use every day is one I got at Barney's back in 2001...it's just a plain tan/orange-ish suede belt with a silver buckle, nothing too fancy, I've yet to find a better belt to go with my blue jeans (especially looking good on a pair of orange overdyes, the color of the belt matches the orange tint very well).

Thanks for all the replies thus far...any of you guys care to post some pics? I picked a Kenzo belt a few years ago and now the leather is starting to separate...that's what I get for picking up a "designer" belt...hehe

Quote:

I'm looking for the same thing, a nice brown leather belt that I can wear in together with my jeans. I had a link to a site where you could custom make your own belt, like choose buckle, color and texture, width etc but I lost it. I think I got it from here so maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 8, 2006 08:57 AM

You might be thinking of http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/.

Edited by Nick M on Feb 15, 2006 at 01:25 AM

• 3 weeks later...