first selvege jeans

cheapmuthafukr

so i found some selevge levis yesterday at ross. 5$. the thing is i have no idea what they are. there is no tag on the outside, pretty strange washing instructions("if you use chlorine bleach you are an idiot"), and 524on the top button. 2 tone gold and pale yellow stiching, full selvege outseam and inside coin pocket, v-stich at top button. the fit is strange too... completly straight all the way down, wich makes it slim in the thigs but pretty wide at the bottom. they say made in usa on the tag. 4 button fly, and red tab with just the R. any help(paul t, etc...) is appriciated.

inside tag :

104842.jpg

top button:

104846.jpg

coin pocket

104849.jpg

outseam

104852.jpg

banana yellow back pocket stiching

104876.jpg

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 4, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 4, 2006 at 10:24 AM

yeah, gonna need some pics. Hell, for 5 bones i'm guessing you got a good deal.

Definitely not fake if ross is selling them. They kinda look like 47 repros. The selvedge looks clean and the back arcuate looks like the 47 arcuate with the yellow stitching. Great find dude. Were there any others. Cuz if there was run down there, buy them, and sell them on ebay. Are those a size 28 or 26?

Edited by rnrswitch on Feb 5, 2006 at 12:42 PM

They look really nice and a bargain for $5. I would buy them if they were a good fit.

I do have my doubts, though - single stitch hems and coin pocket selvage are typical of pre-1920s repro; but the V stitch and back pocket stitching is more like 50s jeans. But if I bought them, I would tell myself that, rather than a fake, they were likely to be a production error by LVC and thus a rare one-off.... it has happened before...

I've seen some of the Levi's RED jeans who also have the the red "levi's" tag at the back pocket only stating the registered trademark R on it. So they could be from the European Levi's RED line (the color of the backpocketstitching being contrasting yellow strengthened this too), brilliant wash instructions btw!

The pictures look quite okay, I'd say you got a VERY GOOD deal, in like I'm very jealous now... The selvage does not look fluffy (in the care label picture) and the selvage in the inside of the coin pocket which has been hemmed with a chainstitch (not the cheap-ass-easy-way-of-making-jeans-look-very-selvage-thus-cool-ripp-of style that fake jeans can have) the bottom hems however are done with a normal 401 stitch. Nevertheless a good pair of jeans.

Enjoy your purchase man!

Edited by jens on Feb 6, 2006 at 11:17 AM