mens balenciaga fw09

Balenciaga isn't often found discounted and doesn't end up on ebay (or supermarket) so none of you cheap bastards are going to kop anyway. Prices aren't that bad, in line with say DH or whatever. Construction is nothing to write home about but some of the designs are sick and the materials are usually nice.

I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the varsity but WTF would I do with a varsity jacket...

Guest jmatsu
pants looks alot like wtaps with balenciaga on the tag

nice one, u fuckin ninkumpoop. a fly really doesn't and cannot discriminate between feces and caviar. so that being said, I PARDON YOU. no neg.

nice one, u fuckin ninkumpoop. a fly really doesn't and cannot discriminate between feces and caviar. so that being said, I PARDON YOU. no neg.

Not an expert on Wtaps but the silhouette is probably so different it's like saying Skookum also makes varsity jackets so why Kop Balenciaga.

It's inevitable that if someone likes a certain fashion house / brand they will see references to it in whatever they see. I think that's the case.

I think this Balenziaga is the shit and there's nothing that can touch Ghesquiere. Dude is good. all this shit from balenciaga looks so much better than Dior or whatever. and wtf with the wtaps?

This isn't all that great to be honest. Someone said it earlier but is right; a lot of this stuff does remind me of past Dior by Hedi Slimane collections. The only thing I kind of liked was the boots.

A store near me sells the men's Balenciaga collection and it's not that great to me in person. The pants with the cargo pockets on the knee is really unflattering ( and I wear 30s) on me and a little impractical.

Guest jmatsu
This isn't all that great to be honest. Someone said it earlier but is right; a lot of this stuff does remind me of past Dior by Hedi Slimane collections. The only thing I kind of liked was the boots.

A store near me sells the men's Balenciaga collection and it's not that great to me in person. The pants with the cargo pockets on the knee is really unflattering ( and I wear 30s) on me and a little impractical.

"looks like old hedi...blahx3," that is probably the most generic and pointless safe card constantly used on this forum. hedi slimane for dh is def not the end all b all.

since when did balenciaga start using the inch sizing system?

if you told all of us your sizing for a ref of comparison for balenciaga, then what euro size did you try on? what labels do you take in "30??"

"looks like old hedi...blahx3," that is probably the most generic and pointless safe card constantly used on this forum. hedi slimane for dh is def not the end all b all.

I agree.

The models are Slimane material, but people are confusing their own mental reference point with something entirely different. Ghesquière's men's collections have been quietly rumbling along this path for a few seasons now, having far more in common with Raf's futurist musings than Hedi's sub-culture references.

FW08

3073660500.jpg

2981435413.jpg

SS09

2901199027_0654839502.jpg

2901198925_074f53c448.jpg

2901198801_d1e286311c.jpg

since when did balenciaga start using the inch sizing system?

if you told all of us your sizing for a ref of comparison for balenciaga, then what euro size did you try on? what labels do you take in "30??"

I never mentioned that Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane was the end all be all; I just think that the pieces itself are very reminiscent of collections I've seen in the past.

You can't be taking it that seriously. I said 30 to point out that even with my small frame, those pants made my legs look very big and disproportionate. Of course I wear a different size in a European label, Japanese label, whatever. 30 is my pant size that I think most guys would understand what I'm saying.

Guest jmatsu
I never mentioned that Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane was the end all be all; I just think that the pieces itself are very reminiscent of collections I've seen in the past.

You can't be taking it that seriously. I said 30 to point out that even with my small frame, those pants made my legs look very big and disproportionate. Of course I wear a different size in a European label, Japanese label, whatever. 30 is my pant size that I think most guys would understand what I'm saying.

and i never said that you mentioned that dh by hedi was the end alll b all (if you wanna get technical).

i'm not taking shit seriously, you just sound like an idiot is all.

balenciaga pants have usually ran smaller than dh denim, (if we were to equate euro to dh inches). so again what size did you try on in balenciaga which made your legs looka big and wack/etc. so again, what size did u try on???

maybe you've got mutant legs? and if you wanna say a 30 size for ref, at least spit a label cause there are many kinds of 30's and many kinds of fits.

if you are gonna say that "i think that the pieces itself are very reminiscent of collection (dh) i'v seen in the past," than would you pls provide this thread with pic of the specific pieces you are talking about and post them along side the balenciaga shit here?

and i never said that you mentioned that dh by hedi was the end alll b all (if you wanna get technical).

i'm not taking shit seriously, you just sound like an idiot is all.

balenciaga pants have usually ran smaller than dh denim, (if we were to equate euro to dh inches). so again what size did you try on in balenciaga which made your legs looka big and wack/etc. so again, what size did u try on???

maybe you've got mutant legs? and if you wanna say a 30 size for ref, at least spit a label cause there are many kinds of 30's and many kinds of fits.

if you are gonna say that "i think that the pieces itself are very reminiscent of collection (dh) i'v seen in the past," than would you pls provide this thread with pic of the specific pieces you are talking about and post them along side the balenciaga shit here?

I have a 30 inch waist. That is what I am trying to say.I am athletic and my thighs are a little thick from soccer but I am still a pretty small guy I tried the pants on in 38 and 40 and neither did it for me.

Guest jmatsu
I have a 30 inch waist. That is what I am trying to say.I am athletic and my thighs are a little thick from soccer but I am still a pretty small guy I tried the pants on in 38 and 40 and neither did it for me.

either you're not a 30, a VANITY-30, or your legs r in need of some surgery.

you haven't helped this thread one bit. all we know now is that for some reason a small guy with a "30 inch" waist who played soccer can't fit into a 38 or 40.

thumb_whateva.jpg

• 4 months later...

balenciaga-high-top-trainer-fw09-front.jpg

I usually don't like the mix of materials and brown/yellow soles on sneakers, but I don't think they're ugly... but they could've done better....

Anyone have that recent interview with him where he actually talked about his goals with menswear? I can't remember where I saw it, but it was pretty interesting.

If you ever find the video, could you pm me the link or post in in the thread, please?

• 2 months later...