"Yoko D" (Yoko Devereaux x Urban Outfitters) SS/09

wmmk

n90818894281_5983.jpg

Andy Salzer of Yoko Deveraux is doing a mini-collection for Urban Outfitters. I kind of hate UO (as I'm sure a lot of you guys do as well), but Andy's a cool guy and this seems to be a lot better than your average ill-fitting, third world-produced UO designer collab. The collection includes the jacket and shorts in the picture above, as well as a tank top and woven shirt. I'll post pictures of the latter 2 items when they're available.

The whole line is produced in Canada, and, according to Andy, will have the same cut as Yoko Devereaux mainline. Pricing seems slightly lower than mainline (the jacket is $130, IIRC). The line launches 4/30 and will be available in some of the UO stores in urban areas. If anyone wants, I can post the full list of stores.

The jacket looks interesting, as do the shorts. Sure, it's basic, but it seems more tasteful and generally nicer than your average UO peasant steeze.

Thoughts?

UO does make cheap loafer socks though. I love em' for going "sockless" but without the footstank/sweat