prefered method of starching your jeans

jens

I was just wondering how you starch your jeans and in particular with what agent and what the alternatives and experiances are. Up till now I haven't starched any of my dry jeans but naturally the roughness fades of due to wearing the jeans so I'd like to start starching some of them.

Any info is appreciated!

Edited by jens on Jan 17, 2006 at 09:36 AM

I'm gonna respond just because I feel like it...

I just use some generic spray starch from an aeresol can. It's like $3 just about anywhere. Spray it on while wearing your jeans and let dry on it's own (can be discomforting). Or you can blowdry like the guy above said.

You can also use liquid starch, I don't know tons about it but it would require you to soak your jeans in the tub...meaning you might lose a bit of indigo if I'm not mistaken. There you are...starching at its finest.

I dont think starching is really necessary. my nudies are doing great just cos i sleep in them. besdies be ready for really bad scrape marks and red rashes on the starched marks- it hurts like a bitch (after starching the front pocket/ thigh areas i was actaully tmepted ot wear a condom to ease the scrapes...)

so search 'starch thread' in search. remember there was a thread wit ha compilation of posts.

and ps the one time i used starch it was powdered corn starch

Quote:

I'm gonna respond just because I feel like it...

I just use some generic spray starch from an aeresol can. It's like $3 just about anywhere. Spray it on while wearing your jeans and let dry on it's own (can be discomforting). Or you can blowdry like the guy above said.

You can also use liquid starch, I don't know tons about it but it would require you to soak your jeans in the tub...meaning you might lose a bit of indigo if I'm not mistaken. There you are...starching at its finest.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Jan 17, 2006 09:24 PM

i use liquid starch. you can either soak your jeans in diluted liquid starch with water for like a few minutes (not enough to really lose any indigo) or you can just paint it on like i just did with no dilution. I put them on my apc rescues because to be honest, after 4 months of doing the liquid starch thing on my nudies and denime's, i can't wear soft jeans anymore, i like it when my jeans stand up on their own. keeps my hangers free....

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

Which Denimes do you have?

--- Original message by minya on Jan 18, 2006 09:10 PM

i wonder the same damn thing.

i got them off xcoldricex who used to go on this board, not so anymore...off ebay

it's yellow selvedge, no lot number or size on back, paper patch, no hidden rivits, it was def one wash, because there was hardly any shrinkage. they are thick as hell, and fade very nicely, i've washed them a few times, but am holding out for a while now, have too many projects going on at once (apc rescues, nudie rrds, and the denime's) and now that i look at the website, it looks like the 66 model...so i think thats the case. i'll take pics and maybe you guys can tell me for sure. i love these jeans though, loved the furry denim when i first got them.....thick as hell...

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

I too just use the spray can starch. I have only done this for a week and gone through a whole can. I just do it at night so they are nice and stiff for me in the morning. I do not know if it contributes to "nicer" fading, but I like them to be stiff.

--- Original message by HEWSINATOR on Jan 18, 2006 12:10 AM

"Be Stiff!" - one of the best Devo songs ever. Had to point that out.

I beginning to question your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Quote:
Quote:

Which Denimes do you have?

--- Original message by minya on Jan 18, 2006 09:10 PM

i wonder the same damn thing.

i got them off xcoldricex who used to go on this board, not so anymore...off ebay

it's yellow selvedge, no lot number or size on back, paper patch, no hidden rivits, it was def one wash, because there was hardly any shrinkage. they are thick as hell, and fade very nicely, i've washed them a few times, but am holding out for a while now, have too many projects going on at once (apc rescues, nudie rrds, and the denime's) and now that i look at the website, it looks like the 66 model...so i think thats the case. i'll take pics and maybe you guys can tell me for sure. i love these jeans though, loved the furry denim when i first got them.....thick as hell...

--- Original message by poly800rock on Jan 18, 2006 10:04 PM

ah, weird.. yeah, sounds like the 66 to me, but I'm not too knowledgeable so I'm probably wrong.

Nice buy though.