best denim under $50?

suremanok

I have a pair of the Uniqlo selvedge that I got for a tenner ... they are breaking in well and the denim seems pretty sweet for the price. The cut isn't the best IMO, they have a very high rise ... but, i figured, for £10 I couldn't go wrong ...

I have to agree, the 13MWZ is a good jean (actually the 13th try they had at making a Mens Worker with a Zip fly, the 11MWZ is a loose fit and nice too)

But the cut is slightly different from the vintage 13MWZ from the Blue Bell collection, I own that one and have not worn the 'regular' 13MWZ. The European and American lines are different anyway to start with.

I like the Rockwell style from Wrangler too, My girlfriend is breaking in a pair of Rockwells, they are dry and I think 12oz or so but the R/OE broken twill ones, she says I'm not getting them back..

Here in Europe H&M just launched the I LOVE DENIM line this winter and it was a huge succes with prices from I think 50 to 70 euros or so and some really nice fitting dry womens and mens jeans. No selvage naturally and I fear open end fabric, but great fit and styling.

The cheapest nice jeans I ever found where old worn in 501's (no big E's or somthing just 70ies 80ies or so) for something like 2,50 euros in my local second hand store up north in The Netherlands, where people don't know what it nice... (honestly I've found dry selvage jeans for 30 euros after 70% of, really nice and almost every size left but only loose fits)

Cheap and very satisfactory are the secondhand markets and shops (here in Amsterdam) but they take a lot of regular scavenging and time.