Nom de Guerre FW09

nlim3482

Like previous posters echoed, I like NdG for their well-made outerwear. Everything else I can get with similar fit/construction/quality from labels I like better.

But that overcoat/sweater/coat is definitely delicious...

• 2 weeks later...

What, no "Deconstructed (Something) Hoody" in the collection?!

Maybe they'll try to do something positive about their prices this season, but it seems unlikely.

They've been just flailing about since around late 2006 with only the occasional "hit" piece (see above). Almost as soon as they decided to raise their prices Geller came out and basically stole all their hype.

Most of you are too young, but vets will remember that NdG was basically the Robert Geller, in terms of surreal hype, of 05-06 on the board.

The lookbook is like some weird approximation of the mountaineer-inspired stuff already done by N.Hoolywood and Mihara.

Most of you are too young, but vets will remember that NdG was basically the Robert Geller, in terms of surreal hype, of 05-06 on the board.

That's true but at least Geller is more affordable for what it is. I go to NdG every season and every time there is only one piece I would buy but the price is just too high.

I still have a crewneck from like 05 or 06 that i got for like $80.

I think the collection is really good. The look book is good and there are a lot of nice knits and jackets. The shall cardigans and pullover, V necks in lambswool, waxed vest, field jacket and trench are all really nice. There is also a really good woolen blazer, good pants and a number of really nice accessories.

What a bunch of fantastic assholes. Foregoing the discussion of materials, price, and even whether or not the clothes are even interesting, the most insufferable thing about NDG is the terrible loggorhea of military/philosophical shit that is sprinkled over every season. Their lookbook reads like the unwanted mutant spawn of Thus Spoke Zarathustra and a Destroyer paperback. Can these guys families even stand them?

• 3 weeks later...
That's true but at least Geller is more affordable for what it is. I go to NdG every season and every time there is only one piece I would buy but the price is just too high.

I still have a crewneck from like 05 or 06 that i got for like $80.

That's what I don't understand. i fall in love with 1 or 2 pieces every season, but $400 for a sweater that looks awesomely understated...is still $400.