Warehouse duck digger questions...

Handlethevibe

i would think that the diggers are more roomy than the 47s. at least my 30s diggers definitely are. the 50s diggers look slightly slimmer than the 30s. i cant offer a more exact figure though. and yes, they are super stiff, LVC, nudies and APC are nothing compared to them. they are less stiff than the BS united oni selvage jeans at hinoya though.

Quote:

i would think that the diggers are more roomy than the 47s. at least my 30s diggers definitely are. the 50s diggers look slightly slimmer than the 30s. i cant offer a more exact figure though. and yes, they are super stiff, LVC, nudies and APC are nothing compared to them. they are less stiff than the BS united oni selvage jeans at hinoya though.

--- Original message by hahnstch on Jan 9, 2006 05:44 PM

Mate how you find the construction, quality etc? and what was the shrinkage like on your diggers? ta

i like them. i am a normal 32, i got a 32 for them. initially they are kinda tight, after about a week or 2 they stretch and i soaked them for a little while (about 1hr). now they've shrunk to fit my waist perfectly. still a little roomy on the thigh though compared to some canes i own.

Edited by hahnstch on Jan 14, 2006 at 08:18 PM

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this forum. A friend refer me to this site since I just bought a pair of duck digger 1950 from Tokyo a few weeks ago. The tage size is actually the after shrinkage size. The length will shrink about 3.5 inches. I actually managed to try a pair of pre washed one before buying and also compared the lengths. It has a standard length. The denim quality of this jeans is stunning. I was choosing between the warehouse 1001, the sugar cane and this one. Afteer seeing the washed version (it cost 30% more than the raw one) I decided on the duck digger. The denim is very rough and the weave open. It has a three dimensional quality after washing. The fit of the 1950 is narrower than the 1930's and also the 1001. It's not quite the narrowness of a levis' 1947 or the 1966, it's a higher waisted version of a 505.

Quote:

I am new to this forum. A friend refer me to this site since I just bought a pair of duck digger 1950 from Tokyo a few weeks ago. The tage size is actually the after shrinkage size. The length will shrink about 3.5 inches. I actually managed to try a pair of pre washed one before buying and also compared the lengths. It has a standard length. The denim quality of this jeans is stunning. I was choosing between the warehouse 1001, the sugar cane and this one. Afteer seeing the washed version (it cost 30% more than the raw one) I decided on the duck digger. The denim is very rough and the weave open. It has a three dimensional quality after washing. The fit of the 1950 is narrower than the 1930's and also the 1001. It's not quite the narrowness of a levis' 1947 or the 1966, it's a higher waisted version of a 505.

--- Original message by denimhunter on Jan 25, 2006 12:09 AM

Thanks for the help! My true waist is a 34, if I order these in a size 34 I am guessing I should be good? I am worried because the people at grandism mentioned that the size 34 measures a 34.5 around the waist and 34.5 for the inseam. After shrinkage these might be too small unless they are coming one-wash and have shrunk already. If you have a spare minute, could you measure the inseam of your diggers? I am 6'1 so anything less than a 34 in length might be too short. Thanks!

Edited by bobby alto on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:44 AM

After first wash the jeans shrink to about 33 waist and close to 34 in length. My guess is that the first wash really only get rid of the starch and subsequent washes would allow the jeans to shrink more. So about 1 inches shrinage after first wash. I washed my jeans with warm water in a machine. if you soak and handwash your jeans with cold water it should shrink less. Hope that helps. I don't think they come in a one wash. There is a heeavy washed version which may not be available o/s. teh other one I saw belongs to the warehouse shop sales person and been washed about 20 times. Length was about 32.

• 1 month later...